Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 Homelink(Garage) make a noise when approaching ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey so in the 8.0 release notes it stated that homelink makes a noise when the car is approaching the garage. Is this happening for you guys? All that happens in mine is that the garage icon pops up same as before 8.0.

Thanks

I do get an audible beep when the HomeLink transmitter signals to open the door. I do not remember that happening before 8.0, but as my wife says, I suffer from CRS disease. :rolleyes:
Yes, if the signal is sent then it makes a beep telling you it is opening. I like this because sometimes before 8.0 I was not sure it sent a signal. They still have not got the homelink to work when you have a gate and garage door, for me only one will open and close at a time. I have given up on resetting the location done it in all configurations and still only either the gate or the garage door will open or close.

In concept this was a good idea. Until getting fully used to the beep I will sometimes brake thinking it's the backup camera. Maybe a chime/beep that is not in any way similar to the backup noise.
Yep. I like the audio notification but it should be different than the parking sensor sound. I don't know why they would make them the same as the parking sensor sound should ONLY be used for that purpose.

Reactions: FarmerDave
Hey so in the 8.0 release notes it stated that homelink makes a noise when the car is approaching the garage. Is this happening for you guys? All that happens in mine is that the garage icon pops up same as before 8.0.

Thanks
You have to enable the automatic Homelink option in order to hear the beep. If you still operate it manually, then it figures you know that one of the buttons was pressed and doesn't bother making a beep.

• Informative
Reactions: FarmerDave