Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85d battery deteriorating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completely get why you're staying on v8, but doesn't the above now mean that if you do get an actual battery error, you will not know as you will be ignoring the "battery needs service message. avoid hard acceleration" message? To draw an analogy from ICE world, you just unscrewed the check-engine lightbulb because you know your have an incompatible ECU which turns it on for no reason.;)

That specific error text is tied to BMS error 159. It won't hide any additional errors should the happen. I already asked the tech about that.

That's because there was no way to reset the 2500 WOT counter. If I had only banged on the car much harder and more frequently I would have hit the counter before v10 was available. V10 simply ignores the count. Have driven thousands of miles now with the error displayed with no apparent loss of power, charge speed, or range.

Just installed SMT and reader...seeing the charge counts and data from before I bought the car is awesome, plus knowing the car was rarely SuCed before I got it possibly my low degradation.

All cells within 0.014 V, full pack at 76.7.

Any way to see the WOT count with SMT?

Just installed SMT and reader...seeing the charge counts and data from before I bought the car is awesome, plus knowing the car was rarely SuCed before I got it possibly my low degradation.

All cells within 0.014 V, full pack at 76.7.

Any way to see the WOT count with SMT?

76.7 is almost like a new battery. My full pack is 74.1 after 108K miles.

That's because there was no way to reset the 2500 WOT counter. If I had only banged on the car much harder and more frequently I would have hit the counter before v10 was available. V10 simply ignores the countQUOTE]

Sorka, more detail if you can. How can you see the WOT count? I do not see it using SMT. Curious because my car was a demo for 1500 miles and I am second owner...

Sorry...WOT is Wide Open Throttle... Maybe a better term is Wide Open Watt Pedal...

And from searching, I guess Tesla ToolBox is now only available to Tesla and SC employees.

Maybe I will send a Service request through the much maligned App. So many threads on this board talk about how horrible service app is, maybe it would be good to know how they respond to a hard question. (I always had great results visiting SC in person)

Last edited: