Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90D custom vs P90D inventory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to decide on taking order of a custom 90D or an inventory P90D. What should I do?

I don't drive fast, but I don't want to regret not having the wonderful Tesla acceleration I have grown to love over so many years of test driving. Hence the draw to the P90D. Also, P90D immediate availability would guarantee fee supercharging.

90D is obviously cheaper and more aligned with my practical side allowing me to invest those funds elsewhere. I am also drawn to a custom build experience and feeling like it was made just for me. However it makes me fear regret of not going for the P. Delivery for my 90D order is listed as "March, 2017 - early April 2017", so I might miss out on free supercharging.

Ugh!

Reactions: jbcarioca
The 90D is plenty fast, I doubt you'd be disappointed. It also has more range, if that's important. For me, if there was a P90D available with my exact specs, I'd go for it just to avoid that torturous wait for a custom build. I've done it twice, and it's like being 6 again and every day is Christmas Eve for MONTHS.

The 90D is plenty fast, I doubt you'd be disappointed. It also has more range, if that's important. For me, if there was a P90D available with my exact specs, I'd go for it just to avoid that torturous wait for a custom build. I've done it twice, and it's like being 6 again and every day is Christmas Eve for MONTHS.
Speak for yourself, fellow Supporter!:) I think "..t's like being 6 again and every day is Christmas Eve for"...YEARS! I've had mine almost two years and it has not yet stopped seeming like that for me. This is the first primary car I have ever kept for more than a year. It has been at times embarrassing that I have changed so often, foisting my discards on employees, family members, vendors, etc.:eek:. Now I cannot even let go of my car to switch to a new Tesla, although I am very, very tempted. I did the same thing, I ordered an 85D then bought a P85D, then upgraded it to a P85D. Somehow all that extra oomph just seems worth it now. Rational, no way! It's Ludicrous.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Speak for yourself, fellow Supporter!:) I think "..t's like being 6 again and every day is Christmas Eve for"...YEARS! I've had mine almost two years and it has not yet stopped seeming like that for me. This is the first primary car I have ever kept for more than a year. It has been at times embarrassing that I have changed so often, foisting my discards on employees, family members, vendors, etc.:eek:. Now I cannot even let go of my car to switch to a new Tesla, although I am very, very tempted. I did the same thing, I ordered an 85D then bought a P85D, then upgraded it to a P85D. Somehow all that extra oomph just seems worth it now. Rational, no way! It's Ludicrous.
I just meant the anticipation waiting for delivery day. The first time I had to start taking melatonin just to sleep a little those last few days before it arrived! The giddy joy of driving it once you get it never goes away. I'm at almost 4 years of Tesla time, and yeah, it's still incredible. I just today babied mine, gave her a full detail inside and out, C2V3 coating, and shine up her tires. I keep walking out there to just gaze at her shiny beauty!

Reactions: NikeWings
Like other have said, 90D is quite fast already. The P model is more for showing off a few times for your friends.

90D is more practical for me as well, and have a bit longer range.

On the other hand, you only have exactly 1 day to decide. You have to get an inventory car to get the free charging. Nobody is going to be working this weekend.

And if you need a referral code --v :)