Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90kw max when super charging ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t profess to understand the technicalities but TeslaFi don’t store your log in details, and I believe you can also create your own token if you wish.

Giving out just the access token would technically be safer, though you'd need to use the Tesla API 'directly', which is fairly technical.

Any website you put your login details into _could_ be keeping a record of them, even if just in logs - you only have their word to go by, so you should use your own judgement to determine whether you feel happy to disclose those details to them.

Sharing my login details and address stil not convinced myself this is ok

Yes, fair enough. They are collecting a huge amount of data about you, where you drive, etc.

But don't have a mistress and a Tesla ... and let your Partner have e.g. the APP on their phone, as they will see where you are stopping off on the way home ...

If you are technical you can write your own data capture of course, technically its not hard, the hard part is finding out what all the API values mean. AFAIK there is no formal documentation of the API, but there is a [massive] thread here, and probably other places too, where it has been reverse-engineered and corner-cases explored. Its crying out for someone new to read the thread end-to-end and convert it into documentation ... something for a wet afternoon? :)