Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

90kw max when super charging ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Managed to get 98today it at least that’s what it reported.

A related question just filling up tonight and it’s reporting 8kw from my TWC is it just rounding up the 7.2?

057D9129-CA32-4A8A-B06F-58E998F2581A.jpeg

Yeah everything was off then.

Ok cool good to know about the rounding up, cannot wait till the new year when I get charging at work as charging at home is getting to be a right pita especially with this poop weather. Spending 15mins in the rain putting your cable in a ramp is no fun... neither will be fighting with the cable at 5am tomorrow :)

Thankfully I don’t drive much so I only charge like 2 days charge up to 80 or 90% then charge when it’s hitting 15% the occasion super charge here and there.

With colder weather approaching you will notice a big difference in consumption, especially if your journeys are short ones. The ‘departure tax’ is most noticeable then, so you’ll probably find that 2 days will extend somewhat.

It’s not an issue as I gained 30%in the time it took to grab a coffee wa s just curious

On the one and only occasion when I was very near empty and needed 100% at a Supercharger I made a note of the time and SOC and I got a linear 5 minutes / 10% for the first 60%. I've seen ABRP graphs of charging rates, and there are some variations, but I wonder if that rate holds true for other models (i.e. percentage filled, per unit of time, rather than kW drawn and kWh gained) ?

60%-70% 7mins
80% 9mins
85% 6mins
90% 7mins
95% 12mins
100% 28mins
100% 24mins to Balance cells

• Helpful
Reactions: MagicMagicD
Sorry another quick question...

Charging at home and all of a sudden it stopped, the fuse hadn’t tripped but went I went out to car it just said “stopped charging”

I couldn’t get it start again without unplugging and plugging back in again. Charge port on the car was solid red

Any ideas.

Raining? My wall charger trips in the rain sometimes ... maybe yours / wiring / connectors has some issue (although "tripping" seems most likely outcome I suppose its possible the car detected something it wasn't happy with, even though nothing tripped, and hence "Stopped charging"; a more instructive message, on dashboard, would be helpful :( )

Anything in e.g. TeslaFi? (Help : "RAW Data Feed" shows all the data the API captured minute-by-minute, so it will show you the Error Code the API received, and exactly what time that occurred). [PM me if you need a referral code - for a month free trial instead of 2 weeks]

PITA if you charge overnight and charging fails for any reason (including powercut). Last time mine tripped was on an overnight 100% charge in order to leave for Scotland at 5AM the following morning. Started the charge (overriding Scheduled Charge) before I went to bed to make sure nothing was wrong ... it tripped about an hour later :( Had to take the ICE :( :(

Actually, I didn't have to take the ICE, I would have had to go to local Supercharger, 15 minutes out of my way, to charge for 20 minutes extra ... I decided to do that anyway and got a mile down the road when the TPS sprung into life telling me one of my tyres was at 50% pressure. Turned round and THEN took the ICE. When I got home and checked the tire sure enough there was a nail in there ...

Might be worth setting up a scheduled task, e.g. in TeslaFi, to alert you if charging fails (during the night)