TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

#93 Sig Roadster for sale on eBay

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by kp.sfo, Sep 3, 2015.

1. kp.sfo

kp.sfo Member

#1 kp.sfo, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    No affiliation, just passing this along.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tesla-Roadster-BLACK-/181853512239

2008 Sig Roadster #93, 25k miles, silver exterior, black/beige interior, hardtop included.
    [FONT=Verdana !important]
    [/FONT]
    Price seems decent, but those mods would not be my cup of tea. Could be a fun DIY project bringing it back to stock (getting rid of all decals, smoked headlights, etc). I wonder if the rear massive TESLA logo is painted?
    Claimed range: 170-185 miles standard full charge / 205-220 miles range full charge.

Sigh: Found a bunch of pictures of the car in previous stock condition: http://www.phillipsauto.com/web/vehicle_photos/6979156/

2. Andrew Wolfe

Andrew Wolfe Roadster 472 - S 440

Looks like all vinyl stickers to me.

3. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

The stock headlights are death in itself, why make them even worse with tinting them? I never get those types of mods for a street car.

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Seller says it is vinyl and the carbon fiber is a wrap.
    This statement puzzles me: "I smoked the front lights because they where starting to shade".
    So now the stock Roadster headlights have to work even harder to illuminate the road.

5. kp.sfo

kp.sfo Member

Interesting data point - no bids with $55k starting bid, eBay auction is over. IMO the vehicle would be much more attractive if the seller would return it to stock condition.

6. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

Exactly, its just like that bizarre contrasted red/black one that reminded me of the Joker-Mobile. Also someone stripped off all the carbon fiber extras on that car, that was the only thing that had going for it that'd make someone buy it with those crazy colors. It'll be sitting on the for-sale lot for some time to come until they either bring the car back to a normal / sane stock color or drop the price down far enough that a person will put up being seen in such a wacky roadster.

Similar with this one.