Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

980 vs 990 motor settled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Y becomes awesome when it’s put on coilovers and setup correctly. Track mode being added to the Y made this even more appealing.

If anything, it should have been an option to ‘Legacy’ instead of ‘Outback’ the Y.
MYP getting Track Mode is a big win. Track Mode was pretty much the reason why I wanted M3P over M3LR.

I am interested in how the Y drives on a good set of coilovers. MYP with a good suspension upgrade + Track Mode might be a whole lot more appealing to me. I actually have/had an invite to drive an MYLR on coilovers, but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to meet up for it. (The MYLR owner would get to drive my M3P on coilovers of course!)

Lmgtfy.com -> is a Subaru Impreza outback a real car?

Answer- yep. Sure is, produced for over 20yrs.
The lifted Impreza "Outback Sport" was always a relatively esoteric thing. An unqualified "Subaru Outback" has long meant the far more common lifted Legacy version, and I'm sure you know that.

At some point Subaru gave up on the confusing "Outback Sport" name and started using "Crosstrek" for newer lifted Imprezas. Same idea as the old "Outback Sport" but no longer branded as "Outback."