Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.99% APR Financing Promotion (May 10 - May 31 2024)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did it take the store to fix the issue you had with everything getting dumped into the down payment? I actually have a contact at my store I've been texting letting me know his team is "fixing" my same issue so I've been hesitant to confirm the finance portion of the pre delivery due to most everything (including trade) showing up in down payment right now and only a small portion showing amount financed. Maybe it just takes a few days to correct this.

That part isn't fixed yet. They basically told me, and it makes sense (sorta), that it has to go off to a credit group for approval for an "increased loan." You'd think they would do a maximum for just this type situation. Oh well.... They did ask me how long it took to get the initial approval (minutes) and told me that at the start of the promo it was taking a couple of days.

I haven't confirmed the finance portion either for the same reason you haven't.

Here is another interesting tidbit that came up. Tesla's offer for my M3 was insulting.. so I ended up selling my 2019 M3 to Carmax which came in 2.5K below what I owed. It was over 5K under just a few months back so this was a significant improvement :). Regardless... I could have sold privately and broke even but decided I didnt want the headache of selling a car I owed money privately.

Anyways.. Carmax was easy to work with.. tho more detail oriented than Carvana or Shift which are other companies I've used. To their credit they knew how to take in a Tesla for sale.. keys.. reseting the computer.. making sure you removed it from the app etc.. They have an entire check list. I had already gotten most of the stuff done when I arrived including pulling the plates. Here's the kicker.. they accept cash, cashiers chekc or debit card. I had called ahead of time.. made sure I had moved money to my debit card.. and when I ran it.. it was REJECTED.. THree f**king times.. why? I'll tell you. This was a friday night.. past 830 so no banks open and no CC so I had to find a solution or leave the car there over night AND the offer was only good till the next day.. and it had to be reinspected after sitting all night unattended.. so in my furious researching on my phone, I found a document that says my debit card is good only for 2500 USD PER DAY at a POS station ( point of sale).. I was 19 dollars over the limit.. So I asked them, can we split it up over two cards? Sure.. so we ran my card at 2K.. worked great.. ran my wifes card ( joint account) and hers with a different number has it OWN limit.. ran fine.. So note to anyone who needs to pay.. check your limits ahead of time. never crossed my mind to see what the max ther debit card would be good for in a day at a POS station.. Learned something new.

That part isn't fixed yet. They basically told me, and it makes sense (sorta), that it has to go off to a credit group for approval for an "increased loan." You'd think they would do a maximum for just this type situation. Oh well.... They did ask me how long it took to get the initial approval (minutes) and told me that at the start of the promo it was taking a couple of days.

I haven't confirmed the finance portion either for the same reason you haven't.
OK that does make sense - if the app or whatever calculated this messed up and figured the wrong loan amount for the quick approval thing they do. However if this happens frequently I would imagine we all stack up with the manual approvals then. Oh well, I've been waiting for my "fix" since Thursday but that is over a long holiday weekend. I just don't want to lose the interest rate.

Reactions: Royal27
OK that does make sense - if the app or whatever calculated this messed up and figured the wrong loan amount for the quick approval thing they do. However if this happens frequently I would imagine we all stack up with the manual approvals then. Oh well, I've been waiting for my "fix" since Thursday but that is over a long holiday weekend. I just don't want to lose the interest rate.
Interest rate savings is huge & for those needing to finance I highly doubt any quarter end price reductions will meet the financing reduction. As an example, financing $30,000 at 0.99% vs 6.99% saves $4872 on a 60-month loan. In the previous example total finance charges would be $5633 vs $761. Even if an individual was not planning to finance it may make sense to pay down credit card debt with the 0.99% savings. Only a few more days to take advantage of this great offer. Do you want to take advantage now or "hope" you may get a better deal next month?

Well I had an update in the app and thought it was to let me know this was fixed, but it was actually giving me a delivery window in June (6/14 - 6/21) as well as an assigned VIN. So my trade in offer is still pending (I did get one prior to all of this from them but that doesn't get applied - need to get the official offer) and I have yet to confirm their finance. So I guess neither delays assignment of a VIN...

Well I had an update in the app and thought it was to let me know this was fixed, but it was actually giving me a delivery window in June (6/14 - 6/21) as well as an assigned VIN. So my trade in offer is still pending (I did get one prior to all of this from them but that doesn't get applied - need to get the official offer) and I have yet to confirm their finance. So I guess neither delays assignment of a VIN...
As I think about it this kinda makes sense too. The car has to be ORDERED by 05/31 to get the good rate. And, the detials said 30 to 60 days before the date expired. Something to that effect.

It will be interesting to see if the "official" offer on your trade in comes close to the "estimated trade value". There must be a lot of horse trading going on with the Teslas flying out of the yards.

@

My financing was adjusted as requested at about 5 PM today, so just over 24 hours. I also got a message saying that USS would not come on the car and that it would have Tesla Vision. Uhm.... Didn't that happen on the Y like two years ago, or am I wrong? At any rate, I thought that was a strange message.

Anyone know how fast VIN is assigned? I might just be really impatient and excited but I haven’t gotten mine yet and I ordered on 5/27
My vin was assigned immediately with the order agreement approval. If you look at your phone the 1st screen that comes up shows a picture of your Model Y and an RN #. Immediately below that is a blue box stating order details. When you click on that box it has the vin# of your vehicle.

Reactions: SteelClouds
@

My financing was adjusted as requested at about 5 PM today, so just over 24 hours. I also got a message saying that USS would not come on the car and that it would have Tesla Vision. Uhm.... Didn't that happen on the Y like two years ago, or am I wrong? At any rate, I thought that was a strange message.
I received that same message today in the app, asking if I wanted to continue with delivery anyway. Then was shown the VIN. I also thought that was a very odd message considering it's been that way for some time.

Anyone know how fast VIN is assigned? I might just be really impatient and excited but I haven’t gotten mine yet and I ordered on 5/27
I ordered on 5/23 and was assigned a VIN today (5/28) after the holiday weekend. I received the VIN faster than my trade in offer or my request to get the financing offer correct so I can confirm that. I ordered a MYLR.

Reactions: diamondkidult
My vin was assigned immediately with the order agreement approval. If you look at your phone the 1st screen that comes up shows a picture of your Model Y and an RN #. Immediately below that is a blue box stating order details. When you click on that box it has the vin# of your vehicle.
You are talking about this page right? I texted them and asked.

Attachments

• IMG_5419.jpeg
    IMG_5419.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 7
Ordered on May 20th. The app says I was assigned a VIN on the 23rd. Lies. It didn't show up until today, the 28th. Delivery date is supposedly today through June 5th. No word yet on financing. We'll see how long that takes. I'm betting the lenders are slammed with applicants. At the moment it's hurry up and wait.

I received that same message today in the app, asking if I wanted to continue with delivery anyway. Then was shown the VIN. I also thought that was a very odd message considering it's been that way for some time.
It’s there because they are still advertising vehicle features that they haven’t delivered without USS all this time later. Until they can deliver cars that actually have all the features they advertise again, the ever-more embarrassing disclaimer will remain.

Reactions: Royal27 and Hiline
Yeah, “one day” might be a little too soon to get impatient. 😂

You’ll get a VIN any time between right now and the far end of your delivery window estimate depending on the availability of your config.

Reactions: diamondkidult