Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Silver Y waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it does. Thanks for sending it, saw it yesterday night.

Would a SA be able to assign that VIN to me/do I just go into a showroom to get it assigned?
They should be able to do so without you being present ; IF you can reach a responsive person via text or phone.
If a center is nearby I would probably make the trip and talk to someone face to face.

Reactions: QuicksilverMYP
I love my Austin built QS so far. According to my neighbor who’s got a Fremont LR, build quality is actually better out of Austin.

IMG_2123 Copy.jpeg

Reactions: MYP24 and DarrenHD
Order details?

Mine is bizarrely still June 29-30th but I without a VIN and the local rep called me minutes ago saying it won't be end of this month asking me to switch colors. He may not know anything and just part of a EOQ sales push.
MY LR AWD, QS White Interior, 19" Gemini dark (after the change couple of weeks ago).

Very frustrating because if you watch the drone videos of Giga Texas, the MYs in the outbound lot are easily 90% QS.

Also seeing them show up in inventory now. Some have some mileage on them so showing up as demo's. Nothing my exact build though, and not close.

Reactions: mreynolds767
I got a hold of an advisor finally. They said if I want to switch to an inventory model, only difference is white interior (+$1k) instead of my original black, I would have to resubmit my credit application.

Is there a way to do it if I just pay the difference with a check and not go through a second inquiry?

I got a hold of an advisor finally. They said if I want to switch to an inventory model, only difference is white interior (+$1k) instead of my original black, I would have to resubmit my credit application.

Is there a way to do it if I just pay the difference with a check and not go through a second inquiry?
Man that is not right.
Bad advisor I am 90% sure

Hang up and try again, I believe you would have to pay the $1000 additional + taxes on the 1K out of pocket as more down payment but it should not affect your loan otherwise at all.
Make sure to explain you will keep the financed amount the same and just increase your down payment by the new difference.

As pointed out to me on another thread. Zip code 90060 shows currently 17 Quick Silver model Y's available.
With 9 of them Quick Silver MYP's as available on Tesla's website
7 of the 8 Long Range are demos and of the performance 7 of the 9 are demos
so 14 of 17 all demos each with almost no mileage.

I don't understand what they could be unless Showroom Cars and they are switching up the showroom for start of Q3 ???
Plus they are offering a small discount on them to move them.

You folks in California, your wait is over soon.