Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A $1000 increase November 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, there are many options. However, moving deliveries from June to March tells me that they are starting to test the demand ceiling. They can cell Model Y for 40k and still be in profit, or just ship more cars outside of the US (like Ford). No matter what Elon says, it is what they do matters. Demand has its limits, and Model Y LR at 60k and more will make many people in the US to have a second thought. If not the price, I'd be driving Plaid right now.

Ford ships to Europe because of government regulation … certain percentage of cars need to be ZEV, etc.

Tesla China services Europe. Tesla Fremont is mostly for the North American market and demand is still insanely high. I’m on discord channels for inventory and cars are still sold in minutes. M3 SR+ are the only model that occasionally takes a few hours because of the price increases but Model Ys don’t last 15minutes.

They need to close the quarter. If the BBr.B bill passes, everyone (almost) will delay until January, and Tesla will have to do something: (1) send the cars to Germany; (2) suck the loses in Q4 to have a blockbuster Q1; (3) drop the price for the rest of Q4 deliveries, which may need to adjust the prices up before dropping them by 8k or 10k. To see we shall.

what are you talking abt? the price increase has absolutely nothing to do with the folks taking delivery in Q4. Ppl taking deliveries in Q4 have already locked in their lower price from months ago. unless u are talking abt 2022 Q4...

what are you talking abt? the price increase has absolutely nothing to do with the folks taking delivery in Q4. Ppl taking deliveries in Q4 have already locked in their lower price from months ago. unless u are talking abt 2022 Q4...
They may offer MY at (new high price) - (approved tax credit) for those who are canceling Nov-Dec deliveries so they still take deliveries on time.

6/4/2020 I paid $53,990. Shortly after my purchase the price decreased by $3,000.
Add to the $53,990 $75.00 document fee, $100 order fee and the destination fee $1,125. TOTAL was $55,290 plus 7% sales tax, plus insurance.
And now I see the document fee is $250.00, up from $75.00 but the destination and document fees are not displayed. I wonder what those charges are now?

6/4/2020 I paid $53,990. Shortly after my purchase the price decreased by $3,000.
Add to the $53,990 $75.00 document fee, $100 order fee and the destination fee $1,125. TOTAL was $55,290 plus 7% sales tax, plus insurance.
And now I see the document fee is $250.00, up from $75.00 but the destination and document fees are not displayed. I wonder what those charges are now?

Same as before. This is from two weeks ago.

Attachments

• 7A5E610D-9353-4937-81EC-A1351E628E9B.jpeg
    7A5E610D-9353-4937-81EC-A1351E628E9B.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 60
So just a random question. I placed my order in early October... If I asked them to change to Silver, I'd have to pay the extra cash right? No thanks. Too bad too. I like that Midnight Silver!

In theory yes... but somebody in the FL forum changed white to MSM on an ancient order (August 2020) so I think it might be possible to avoid a price increase if you can work SA magic.

In theory yes... but somebody in the FL forum changed white to MSM on an ancient order (August 2020) so I think it might be possible to avoid a price increase if you can work SA magic.
I would be very careful making adjustments with the SA or Tesla store promising you they'll honor the legacy pricing structure. I have heard of too many instances of SAs/Tesla store management promising things they cannot deliver.

Why would Tesla drop price by 8k for MY? Because of tax credit?
My understanding is that the proposed tax credit is intended for point-of-sale price adjustment. This means that all Models 3 and Y in the new year may be officially priced 8k lower including the tax credit. If Tesla keep 49,990 price and then apply 8,000 tax credit, then at 41,990 the demand may cross into unhealthy territory frankly. So they are now at 57,990 which will be 49,990 after they apply the tax credit. It is reasonable to expect that MANY people who ordered at 53,990 and 54,990 and who have delivery date in 2021 will delay until 2022 to get the car at 45,990 or 46,990 final price. If Tesla offer them to buy the cars at 49,990 now, they may take delivery now keeping sales moving.

Reactions: shinebox