Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A $1000 increase November 4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Midnight silver metallic or Pearl white are included now.
1CCC1084-0478-422E-B20A-EB76FD7DA826.jpeg

Reactions: Falcon73
It will be back to $49,990 very soon until the end of the year and then the price will stay the same or move to $50,990 including the tax credit. This is contingent on the BBB bill though.

I hope you're right, for my sake, and others who haven't ordered yet, but I doubt the price will ever get down that low again. The Y is just too popular, and will be for a very long time.

I hope you're right, for my sake, and others who haven't ordered yet, but I doubt the price will ever get down that low again. The Y is just too popular, and will be for a very long time.
They need to close the quarter. If the BBr.B bill passes, everyone (almost) will delay until January, and Tesla will have to do something: (1) send the cars to Germany; (2) suck the loses in Q4 to have a blockbuster Q1; (3) drop the price for the rest of Q4 deliveries, which may need to adjust the prices up before dropping them by 8k or 10k. To see we shall.

They need to close the quarter. If the BBr.B bill passes, everyone (almost) will delay until January, and Tesla will have to do something: (1) send the cars to Germany; (2) suck the loses in Q4 to have a blockbuster Q1; (3) drop the price for the rest of Q4 deliveries, which may need to adjust the prices up before dropping them by 8k or 10k. To see we shall.

1) Send to Canada (still large backlog there)
2) Post in inventory (will sell in hours). Plenty of folks not waiting to wait 8-10 months.
3) Offer supercharging miles.

Tesla does not have a demand issue.

It will be retroactive from date of bill introduce

1) Send to Canada (still large backlog there)
2) Post in inventory (will sell in hours). Plenty of folks not waiting to wait 8-10 months.
3) Offer supercharging miles.

Tesla does not have a demand issue.
Sure, there are many options. However, moving deliveries from June to March tells me that they are starting to test the demand ceiling. They can cell Model Y for 40k and still be in profit, or just ship more cars outside of the US (like Ford). No matter what Elon says, it is what they do matters. Demand has its limits, and Model Y LR at 60k and more will make many people in the US to have a second thought. If not the price, I'd be driving Plaid right now.