Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C comes on while in garage randomly despite car is off,Dog Mode off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Randomly,I'll enter my garage and hear my model S making a noise similar to the sound that the A/C makes.when I check the Tesla app (climate )I see the A/C is running. this occurs randomly and can be many hours after parking.
Dog mode is off and I've even turned off cabin overheat and it still occurs. When I scheduled the car for service to check this, they texted back that it's "normal " and part of the design.
I don't want to waste power or run the A/C unnecessarily.

Hm, never had this on mine. You sure the fobs aren’t close enough to wake the car up? And what does the app show as the temperature? But if the car is off, it should be off. Cars sitting in a parking lot with overheat off and no one around shouldn’t run HVAC normally.

The same cooling regulates battery temps which is important to keep your car from potentially bursting into flames on hot days in your garage. With recent events I believe they increased the frequency at which this occurs so you notice it happening more frequently if your car previously was below whatever threshold temperature triggered it previously.

Reactions: Saxgod