Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C Died Suddenly - creative solutions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ran an errand last night and when I got back into the car, the a/c wouldn't come on. It was cooling perfectly fine on the way over, no issues at all. Then nada. That leads me to believe it's a software glitch as opposed to something mechnical.

I have rebooted and powered on/off a dozen times or so to no avail. The first service center slot opening is next Monday. Help! I can't drive around in 100+ degree temps and Houston humidity for five days. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

IMG_2861.PNG

You must check if is enougth and powerful air flux (at this case filter or an inside actuator) or a problem of temperature level in that's case probably it is the compressor, it is scroll type and when it breaks they rub the components creating metal shavings to inside the circuit refrigeration.

For this necessary to check in air condition service that the deshydration bag (it's located in the right side condenser) don't hve metal shavings particles, in this case you must change compressor, probably also the chiller and a to make a detail and deep clean of all circuit pipelines and condensers

I chatted with Tesla support yesterday (after a 25 minute wait in the queue), but beyond rebooting they were out of ideas. I was told, no we can’t diagnose remotely, no we can’t push a software fix, no we can’t send a ranger for a/c issues. Last bit of advice was talk to your SC. After being on hold for 40 minutes, I just gave up. :mad:

About 3 hours later the SC called for background information to prep for my Monday appointment. He agreed that it didn’t sound like a mechanical problem and said he would forward a request for the Tesla technicians to access my car remotely.

This morning I got in the car and the a/c is working perfectly fine. Whether Tesla did anything or the glitch just resolved itself, I don’t know. The SC never called or texted to follow up. I’m still going to take it in on Monday, but at least I can drive in the Houston heat and humidity without leaving a pool of sweat behind.:cool:

0CB3B3D5-825B-4849-8382-337ABC51BA84.jpeg

Last edited: