Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Different 2020.4.1 Update Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You turn your phone comms off so it doesn't talk to it, airplane mode is good. Then you go and tap the Power Off and sit there for 3 minutes in your seat. Don't do anything, or you'll interrupt the shutdown. After a while you'll hear it gradually shutting everything off until it's dead quiet. Enjoy a moment of peace. After the 3 idle minutes, tap the brake and it powers back up.

this has always worked when my car was being stupid and a tech pulled the 12v and hv cut loop, wait a min, plug the loop back in and then reconnect, boom car is normal
You turn your phone comms off so it doesn't talk to it, airplane mode is good. Then you go and tap the Power Off and sit there for 3 minutes in your seat. Don't do anything, or you'll interrupt the shutdown. After a while you'll hear it gradually shutting everything off until it's dead quiet. Enjoy a moment of peace. After the 3 idle minutes, tap the brake and it powers back up.
To think about all the wasted Sundays with my dad cleaning and rebuilding carbs when I could have been playing space invaders...

Reactions: Kacey Green
If you can find an actual phone number for Tesla Service, give them a call. Most of the time they will start by doing a diagnostic test OTA, and if they can't fix it, they can at least tell you what's wrong and if you need to make a service appointment. I had a headlight issue and they were able to fix it OTA. However, that was when you could still actually call them. Maybe try the roadside assistance number and tell them you feel the car is unsafe to drive.

Relax - wait for the next software update before calling for service.
If it is still not acting correctly after the next update then set up an appointment.
Some software releases have bugs that are fixed quickly with the next release.
Chill. Software is not an exact science.