Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Positive Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha from Hawaii,

After my deposit I waited almost 4 years to get my S. I was supposed to get one of the very first ones delivered to the Big Island but apparently my car wasn't tethered well on the barge, it broke loose banging into other cars and had to be sent back to the factory to replace some body panels. That was disappointing but I haven't been disappointed since. Just tripped 61,000 blissful miles.

There have been a lot of services but that was expected for one of the first of such a cutting edge ride. I tell people its like being in a science fiction movie. Yes I envy many of the new features that were not available back then, but I love the no longer available dark green and my lacewood dash.

Service has been a dream come true. So convenient that they come to me. When the car has been out of service they rent me a car and when the car had to go to the service center on Oahu they actually sent me an S loaner so that I wouldn't have the inconvenience of of a gas rental. Unbelieveable!

Reactions: Jaciee
So much discussion of the most beautiful of things in my life, the model S. December 16th 2016 build date, delivery to my favorite brew pub in Traverse Mi, Terra Firma brewery, from California about a two (painfully loooong) weeks later...

but that's not where my love affair began...

I live in Michigan, and when I began to admire the Roadster the name Tesla Motors was a joke to most everyone I spoke with about it. Over time the company grew and the S was born, I grew into the S and haven't doubted that growth since.

The 5 year back story is this;
In 2011 my father passed, he willed to me a trust... a five year trust. At the end of five years my trust became good, and Rabbo Bank out of SLO, Ca. wired my inheritance to Michigan and I immediately wired it back to California.

A couple of weeks later I watched as a transport semi backed into the driveway at Terra Firma. I was happy, I took my first ride ever in a Tesla on that day. I could have gone for a test ride someday while on my travels out of Michigan state. But instead I bought it on a phone call I made to California, a young lady named Dayton brought me and my S P100DL together.

This has been a pleasant thread to read so I'll add on.

I was a lost kid in my younger 20's only caring about working for the weekend until I woke up one day with some sense in me that I had to do something with my life so I went back to school... In my last semester of school in 2015 while walking back to school from lunch a gleaming silver Model S passed in front of me and my friends and I told them that hopefully I could own one in 3 - 5 years... So, 3 years later (2018) through hard work and God's blessings I drove home my very own Model S -- had a dumb grin on my face for at least a week!

Praying that maybe in 3 - 5 years I'd be in a Roadster ;).

I was a lost kid in my younger 20's only caring about working for the weekend until I woke up one day with some sense in me that I had to do something with my life so I went back to school... In my last semester of school in 2015 while walking back to school from lunch a gleaming silver Model S passed in front of me and my friends and I told them that hopefully I could own one in 3 - 5 years... So, 3 years later (2018) through hard work and God's blessings I drove home my very own Model S -- had a dumb grin on my face for at least a week!

Good for you :)

We don't live twice, enjoy your life. Life is simple.

Reactions: Jaciee and s1rk

Great story! Hope your roadster dream comes too as well.

I've had a Roadster, Model S, and Model X. Electric since August 2011. My Tesla cars have had very little trouble, and the company has been fantastic about addressing any failures or shortcomings, every single time.

Try to keep the trolls and complainers from ruining your fun. Some cars have been lemons (inevitable), Tesla has seriously disappointed some buyers (inevitable), some buyers were far less prepared for the risks, differences and adaptations (unfortunate), and of course some are just trolls. But there's many happy Tesla owners here and still plenty of useful content.
Thankfully Sparrow always reminds me each and every day how awesome Teslas are! I still come here everyday to read the forums because I do see those nuggets of useful content still. I’m hoping to see more of those vs the rest. Hey maybe I’ll start posting more as I customize Sparrow.

I'm really diggin' my Baby Blue... I've had a LOT of cars in my 55 years of driving, more than most I suspect, and this is the best of 'em all by far! Looks so cool and very fun to drive! It's been years now since I've had a car that comes close to my M3 in terms of fun. Tnx Tesla!

Issues?? Um... the horn is kinda hard to honk on the left side.

r

Dear Jaciee,
Next month (on Earth Day) will mark the 5th anniversary of ownership of my still-gorgeous red Model S, my Astro (5th red one delivered in Bay Area)! I have never been in love with a car before and Astro continues to delight me each and every time I drive him. As others have said, I still peel out at every light and will never get over the thrill of viewing everyone far behind in my rearview mirror. Astro is charged by clean solar and I feel so good about that for obvious reasons and I can drive fast without feeling guilt. I later had a few retro-fittings done (like sensor bumpers, did you know us early adopters didn’t get those?) and red calipers...it makes Astro even more special.

I stopped reading the forum because of the trolls (just like I have with all social media) but I get an email summary of topics and when I saw “A Positive Thread” - I just had to read and chime in. Thank you!

Enjoy Sparrow and congratulations on your ownership. xo - Martha

Attachments

• A6F7BD73-04F9-442D-9E37-9DA5EE9CAF8F.jpeg
    A6F7BD73-04F9-442D-9E37-9DA5EE9CAF8F.jpeg
    563.8 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: jdw and Jaciee
Dear Jaciee,
Next month (on Earth Day) will mark the 5th anniversary of ownership of my still-gorgeous red Model S, my Astro (5th red one delivered in Bay Area)! I have never been in love with a car before and Astro continues to delight me each and every time I drive him. As others have said, I still peel out at every light and will never get over the thrill of viewing everyone far behind in my rearview mirror. Astro is charged by clean solar and I feel so good about that for obvious reasons and I can drive fast without feeling guilt. I later had a few retro-fittings done (like sensor bumpers, did you know us early adopters didn’t get those?) and red calipers...it makes Astro even more special.

I stopped reading the forum because of the trolls (just like I have with all social media) but I get an email summary of topics and when I saw “A Positive Thread” - I just had to read and chime in. Thank you!

Enjoy Sparrow and congratulations on your ownership. xo - Martha
Thank you for sharing your story of Astro! I loved it. I really love the fact you are charging off of solar! I really hope to one day achieve that as well!

I’m still here reading the forums but my main focus has been this thread. I really enjoy reading these stories.

Continue having fun with Astro! I hope you two have a fun 5th anniversary next month! I will enjoy my 1st year anniversary July 25th and I’m so looking forward to that moment.

Thank you for sharing your story of Astro! I loved it. I really love the fact you are charging off of solar! I really hope to one day achieve that as well!

I’m still here reading the forums but my main focus has been this thread. I really enjoy reading these stories.

Continue having fun with Astro! I hope you two have a fun 5th anniversary next month! I will enjoy my 1st year anniversary July 25th and I’m so looking forward to that moment.

Oops! Its my 6th Anniversary! SIX? Time flies, as they say! Happy Anniversary on July 25th, Jaciee.

Time to post more positive things about tesla.

Ive really enjoyed my S and love taking it on roadtrips with my wife. It seems like everywhere we go we run into so many people asking all kinds of questions about it. Also every supercharger we visit we meet other tesla owners who absolutely love their cars. View attachment 434768
Thank you for this! I've been avoiding this site due to the negativity. I myself love my Sparrow and just celebrated having her for 1 year! Your Model S is so pretty! BestBuy is pretty dangerous place to be :p

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpeg
    IMG_0092.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 58
Last edited: