Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Redditer finally drives a P3D and is doing An AMA now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, if you're doing an article on acceleration, why don't you post Zero to sixty times? Telling us that it is "brutal" says absolutely nothing. Being "in the realm of" and X is quite a bit different from being "in the realm of" a Model S. And comparing it to a BMW-- Why? I have never driven a BMW, but I have driven an S, and X and a 3. I pass BMWs coming up the hill curves to my house. What your butt tells you about a P100D is also silly. Just a lot of drunk talk over a few beers after work. Why would anybody take your "report" seriously? I wouldn't. Sounds like you wrote it up five minutes to quitting time.

And then we get a reader who thinks this is "comprehensive" and "awesome"!! Which is the comprehensive part?

Why would he report on something like a 0-60 when we already know this? And keep in mind, this is the first video inside a white interior M3P, the first one to compare acceleration to popular known vehicles, the first one to compare the ride and lower stance on an MP3 to other comparable cars. Also, the only review prior to this was a guy comparing M3P to Porsche Boxters, Rolls Royce’s, and that it was a magnificent spaceship farting rainbows. In comparison, this is comprehensive. Can’t wait for your review of specs that we all already know. That will be an exciting read. Especially if it goes 3.4 to 60.

Reactions: AlexanderAF
Whoa buddy... did someone pee in your cheerios this morning?
First review by a regular joe and you want to get pissy because he didn't have a full suite of test equipment and hours to properly test and report back?

No, the pissy guy peed in my Cheerios. I'm just a little amazed that someone can write up a "review" using words like "brutal" and "in the realm of". These are not descriptive nor "comprehensive".

Here. When I drive the 3 up the 1500' elevation, 6 mile climb to my house, I do 5 to 10 mph over the 45 mph speed limit. At the 30 mph corner, I do 50. At the 15 mph corner, I do 30. My wifey prefers that I slow down a bit, but the car corners level mainly due to the 800 lb battery under the floor. On acceleration, the 3 is noticeably slower than the S, but the electric motors are quicker than gas engines, and I can pass most anything easily in my S while the 3 takes a little longer. Here in Napa Valley we have a lot of Maseratis, Corvettes, a Rolls or two. I have compared them with my S and find that they generally have smaller interiors and less storage because of the engine and trans taking up so much room, and they are slower. I have not checked my Model 3 zero to sixty times, although they are published in car mags, but I have no problem zipping into the fast lane on the freeway (80 mph), nor passing two or three cars at a time at the passing zone going down the valley. I have had cars flash lights because they felt, I assume, that I didn't have room, but I was back in my lane far before they came by. They're just not used to cars that can pull out, accelerate to 90+, and then pull back into traffic in only a few seconds.
The interior of the car is even more frugal than the Model S. There are two buttons on the steering wheel, and that's it. Nothing on the dash. One 15" screen sits in the middle, and all controls are available there. The speed is displayed in the upper left corner nearest the driver, and it takes about ten seconds to get used to it.
The car is nicely aerodynamic, which helps with range. I drove a little loop of 300 miles last week and got 318 miles of extrapolated range, half of which was freeway and half driving in the mountains.
I do not generally compare my car to BMW. It is not the same thing. BMWs here are mostly gas powered, and gas engines are inefficient and polluting. Electrics have far more torque or passing power. Tesla 3 has more room inside. I would strongly recommend that anyone interested get a test drive. Mine is always available, and several of the people who drove mine have placed orders. Come on by.

No, the pissy guy peed in my Cheerios. I'm just a little amazed that someone can write up a "review" using words like "brutal" and "in the realm of". These are not descriptive nor "comprehensive".

Here. When I drive the 3 up the 1500' elevation, 6 mile climb to my house, I do 5 to 10 mph over the 45 mph speed limit. At the 30 mph corner, I do 50. At the 15 mph corner, I do 30. My wifey prefers that I slow down a bit, but the car corners level mainly due to the 800 lb battery under the floor. On acceleration, the 3 is noticeably slower than the S, but the electric motors are quicker than gas engines, and I can pass most anything easily in my S while the 3 takes a little longer. Here in Napa Valley we have a lot of Maseratis, Corvettes, a Rolls or two. I have compared them with my S and find that they generally have smaller interiors and less storage because of the engine and trans taking up so much room, and they are slower. I have not checked my Model 3 zero to sixty times, although they are published in car mags, but I have no problem zipping into the fast lane on the freeway (80 mph), nor passing two or three cars at a time at the passing zone going down the valley. I have had cars flash lights because they felt, I assume, that I didn't have room, but I was back in my lane far before they came by. They're just not used to cars that can pull out, accelerate to 90+, and then pull back into traffic in only a few seconds.
The interior of the car is even more frugal than the Model S. There are two buttons on the steering wheel, and that's it. Nothing on the dash. One 15" screen sits in the middle, and all controls are available there. The speed is displayed in the upper left corner nearest the driver, and it takes about ten seconds to get used to it.
The car is nicely aerodynamic, which helps with range. I drove a little loop of 300 miles last week and got 318 miles of extrapolated range, half of which was freeway and half driving in the mountains.
I do not generally compare my car to BMW. It is not the same thing. BMWs here are mostly gas powered, and gas engines are inefficient and polluting. Electrics have far more torque or passing power. Tesla 3 has more room inside. I would strongly recommend that anyone interested get a test drive. Mine is always available, and several of the people who drove mine have placed orders. Come on by.

Cool story... tell it again.

Ugh, why is the white interior so gorgeous?

I've always had black, and in fact I've always insisted on black.

I do like the black interior, but I'm not a fan of the wood trim piece. It distracts from the looks.

These quick user reviews are making me want to get the upgrade tires/suspension/brakes package as well. It's going to be a tough decision.

Ugh, why is the white interior so gorgeous?

I've always had black, and in fact I've always insisted on black.

I do like the black interior, but I'm not a fan of the wood trim piece. It distracts from the looks.

These quick user reviews are making me want to get the upgrade tires/suspension/brakes package as well. It's going to be a tough decision.

Right? I have been tempted multiple times to switch my order to Red/White, same as the showroom cars :p

So, if you're doing an article on acceleration, why don't you post Zero to sixty times? Telling us that it is "brutal" says absolutely nothing. Being "in the realm of" and X is quite a bit different from being "in the realm of" a Model S. And comparing it to a BMW-- Why? I have never driven a BMW, but I have driven an S, and X and a 3. I pass BMWs coming up the hill curves to my house. What your butt tells you about a P100D is also silly. Just a lot of drunk talk over a few beers after work. Why would anybody take your "report" seriously? I wouldn't. Sounds like you wrote it up five minutes to quitting time.

And then we get a reader who thinks this is "comprehensive" and "awesome"!! Which is the comprehensive part? Hey, my problem is that I own a 3. Oh, and an S, and my daughter has an X. Since I have to drive on normal roads, not a race track, I don't need "performance", either, though my Teslas will beat most anything (including Maseratis and Lamborghinis and Corvettes. The bright yellow Camaro wouldn't race me.)

Whoa!

Alexander takes the time to contribute to the community by sharing his test drive impressions, only to have you swoop in as the critical, disparaging voice to tell him how stupidly his report was done and how it should have been done differently?

Who made you Lord High Arbiter of reviews?

Last edited:
My apologies to everyone here. And to a few elsewhere, too, I suppose. I will henceforth refrain. If you folk got something out of his review that you felt was worthwhile, Great. Since I actually own the car in question, maybe I don't understand his "impressions" that he got after driving one a few miles. Peace.

What a useless review. You post speeds around corners with no lateral G specs.

Why did you even bother?