Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AAA NorCal offering 10% discount on EVgo Fast Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AAA NorCal is now offering more than 10% off of EVgo standard fast charging rates and waived monthly membership fees (currently at $7.99 per month). You need to be a AAA Member though. Link below:

AAA ZIP/Postal Code

Apologies if this is old news....

Cross-posting because I think it's of more interest here than in the NA sub. In my area EVgo has a few L2 chargers, but mostly Chademo and CCS. I have AAA so I signed up, even though I may never use it.

NB — I cleaned up the link

I got this email as well and signed up. AAA NorCal also covers Nevada and Utah. Here in Las Vegas, nearly all of the non-Tesla L3 stations are EVgo; there are about a dozen of them. We have no CHAdeMO adapter so can't use them for our Tesla, but we also have a Chevy Spark EV with CCS that we've charged a few times at these stations.

When I received my email from AAA I shared the info to the Chevy Spark EV Facebook group, and one of the users there posted some good info for anyone who signs up: this free subscription is added to your account without replacing any existing subscription, so if you already have a paid subscription you should cancel that one.

When I received my email from AAA I shared the info to the Chevy Spark EV Facebook group, and one of the users there posted some good info for anyone who signs up: this free subscription is added to your account without replacing any existing subscription, so if you already have a paid subscription you should cancel that one.

Thanks for the reminder !! When I signed up with the AAA promotion, I forgot to cancel my existing plan I still have for our 2016 Volt....

I got this email as well and signed up. AAA NorCal also covers Nevada and Utah. Here in Las Vegas, nearly all of the non-Tesla L3 stations are EVgo; there are about a dozen of them. We have no CHAdeMO adapter so can't use them for our Tesla, but we also have a Chevy Spark EV with CCS that we've charged a few times at these stations.

EVgo is now providing Tesla CHAdeMO adapters at some of its charging stations. Tesla partners with EVgo to deploy Tesla connectors on their nationwide charging network - Electrek

So does anyone know if you get the 30 free minutes per month like the $7.99 plan for the general public? The discount makes it seem like you get the $7.99 plan for free with AAA and one of the benefits should be the free 30 minutes per month. Has anyone confirmed this?
No. The AAA plan merely provides the lower per minute fee. There are no included minutes of charging. I previously got the $0.26/min price on the AAA plan. I don't want to pay a monthly fee because I am only an occasional user. I only use EVgo for trips about twice a year. I see no reason to pay a monthly fee when I will not use the included minutes.

Here is a new link for the AAA Promo.
EVgo Promotion

• Helpful
Reactions: mblakele