Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abnormal ‘22 MYP(erformance) battery degradation in 2023 SW packages?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

YRide

Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2022
San Jose, CA
Haven’t been really paying close attention last few months, but just popped into TeslaFi last night and realized I’ve had pretty noticeable battery degradation staring with the first SW/FW release I received in 2023. Anyone else experience this on a MYP or MYx?

Also, is “recalibrating” the BMS still a thing? I thought that was no longer necessary…but could that be it?
IMG_4826.jpeg

Not sure how TeslaFi algorithms work.
If you REALLY concern about this chart (don't forget that you have 8 year/120K miles battery warranty), you can run battery test using tesla service mode. I am sure it's the most accurate gauge of battery health.

Not sure how TeslaFi algorithms work.
If you REALLY concern about this chart (don't forget that you have 8 year/120K miles battery warranty), you can run battery test using tesla service mode. I am sure it's the most accurate gauge of battery health.
As far as I understand TeslaFi is just pulling info directly off the car, using the API key. The 100% range is just as it shows on the car, the current % and associated mileage range at that % also exactly same as in car.

Thus my other question…is a BMS re-calibration still a thing in 2023? I thought Tesla’s really didn’t need to do that anymore.

And yep, 8yr @ 70% of 303…so 212mi range before I can officially complain.

Two things that stand out with TeslaFi chart…

1) my degradation is substantially less then the majority of the fleet of similar vehicles…

2) it seems that SW updates in 2023 are at least correlated (but correlation does NOT prove causation)

BMS could still be off. You can try to re-calibrate.
My battery didn't show any changes in overall capacity after updating to 2023.xx versions.
Was just reading through this…

So will give it a go. I leave Sentry on always, Daily charge to 90% SOC and use TeslaFi…so prob haven’t been helping the BMS.

It is surprising to see that it takes people usually months to recalibrate.