Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About LTE Sim Location in Model 3 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did Anybody know about LTE sim location?

I ask like this because I'm Thai and I would like to order TM3 from UK.
But I think LTE in UK TM3 might use only in UK.
I can't find any information of LTE sim card Location.

If you know that location,please let me know. T-T

Even if you could, it's by no means certain that the tesla servers would accept a connection from a car on a different network. The OTA stuff is pretty locked down for obvious reasons.

The 200% import tax won't help either.. How to import a foreign car into Thailand

Maybe try buying locally? There look to be a number of different teslas sold on the second hand market there, and those will have already been 'fixed'.

Reactions: Rooster6655
On episode 214 of Ride the Lightning podcast someone phoned in about changing SIMs - he was in Brazil. After changing the SIM (apparently reasonably easy on a Model 3) you need to request a ‘Non-Tesla SIM Card Waiver’ from a service centre to get it to work. Jump to 46min 20sec in the episode (on the UK iOS feed anyway).

• Helpful
Reactions: Roy W.
Did Anybody know about LTE sim location?

I ask like this because I'm Thai and I would like to order TM3 from UK.
But I think LTE in UK TM3 might use only in UK.
I can't find any information of LTE sim card Location.

If you know that location,please let me know. T-T

Although not a perfect solution, you could tether the car to your phone’s Wifi hotspot, which will give you the same access while you are looking into a SIM card swap.

Currently, you would have to re-enable WiFi each time you drive, but this may change in a future update.

Not officially but it seems to have happened since they added netflix with the v10 update.. could go at any time. Premium connectivity is 1 year for all cars, but model 3s haven't been on sale for a year yet so it's not been an issue.. it'll probably be about £100 a year to continue it.

Is it correct that UK cars get premium connectivity for ‘free’ or at least until Tesla brings the monthly subscription model to the UK?

Didn’t there use to be a 1yr trial for all Tesla’s, or was this just for the US?

It's fairly well documented on the Tesla site but from what I remember, orders before a certain date had lifetime premium connectivity and this would persist with the life of the car. After that date, SR+ no longer had premium connectivity but LR + P had a year 1 subscription which would have to be renewed after. All used Tesla purchases come with a 30 day trial.