Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He screws up traffic in DC all the time.

BTW tax payer speak:

YAPFHV = You Are Paying For His Vacation
WHLKH = When He Lands Keep Him

I hope they race the Model X and the P85D against a Bugatti Veyron and leave that 1200 Hp beast in the starting Pit.

I agree with everyone who feels the "something else" is the beta version of the X.
What would be very cool would be to break away in real time to Elon driving a Model X beta. Elon then selects the new "on ramp to off ramp" driver assistance capability with the car getting off the freeway at exit 5 with Elon then taking over and then driving right to the event. Wishful thinking but would certainly be electrifying.

Based on what I have heard, disagree. I think we'll see some major changes. "Bonnie, you will be BLOWN away when you see what you're getting. BLOWN AWAY!!!."

From those that have seen it. Not me. Not that I'd sulk about that or anything. I mean, I've only had my Sig deposit down for 2+ years, why should I get to see it? I'm glad Tesla employees can see it and torture me with how great it is and everything. -grrrr- I'm truly happy for them. Yes, that's it. Happy.

This is the funniest thing I've ever seen on TMC.

It's 7:12 at the Hawthorn Airport on Thursday, October 9th, 2014 (when did any Tesla event start on time). The techno/indie rock you might hear at Burning Man ends abruptly, and 5,000 individual conversations end awkwardly as the lights go out on the runways...it's a dark no fly zone - what lurks in the darkness? A loud, lonely cry of, "Princess Bonnie Rules!" Is quickly shushed by the half-giddy, 3/4 drunk and 90% high on the anticipation crowd of Tesla lovers. John Peterson, in camouflage and with a night scope, looks on like Carl Spackler from Caddy Shack as his Axiom powered detonator fails....ending his plan to bring Tesla to its knees.

At at the end of the runway, 2 headlights shine out like beacons of hope at the end of an oil slicked tunnel of darkness - the lights are followed in rapid succession by 2 more positioned slightly higher and to their right. Elon's disembodied voice, like The Wizard of Oz, says to the crowd, "It's about time to reveal the D!.....and the X! All my Tesla are belong to you!"

In deafening silence, the lights - like UFOs - streak toward the open mouthed crowd. As floodlights strobe to life, blanketing the runway, The ink black Tesla Model P85D and the equally obsidian Tesla Model X pull up....the doors open...revealing empty driver seats, begging to be filled by tens of thousands of drivers.

Elon saunters casually out of the Darkness, calls forward Princess Bonnie and hands over her Model X keys and..... fade - to - black. ...

Welcome to your future. This imagineering brought to you from the pulp fiction pages of Teslamotorsclub.com.

OK, all the easy ones have been taken - AWD, Model X Beta, Autopilot, even Model 3. What happens if we dig a little deeper...

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 11.24.40 PM.png

D-Series Aircraft from MIT - double bubble shape reduces drag - Model X design inspirations?

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 11.26.22 PM.png

D-Drive: Infinitely variable transmission - better acceleration, top speed, and range?

Screen Shot 2014-10-07 at 11.27.30 PM.png

3D printed auto bodies and components?

Other thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
A dual motor Model S has the ability to sprint to 60 mph in around 2.8-2.9 sec.. this is coming from source inside the factory... but in reality it will most likely be toned down to 3 something which I'll still be okay with :)... I really hope they increase the cooling ability and maybe a 100kw battery by using higher capacity cells while keeping the same cell counts.. xD.. The problem they had with dual motors is noise and oscillations... vibrations coming from the front and rear motors fighting each other.. where one is pulling or pushing the other. Which... you can imagine if you have a different diameter wheel on the front than the rear.. that will be hell.. I mean it's all software related at the end of the day.

A dual motor Model S has the ability to sprint to 60 mph in around 2.8-2.9 sec.. this is coming from source inside the factory... but in reality it will most likely be toned down to 3 something which I'll still be okay with :)... I really hope they increase the cooling ability and maybe a 100kw battery by using higher capacity cells while keeping the same cell counts.. xD.. The problem they had with dual motors is noise and oscillations... vibrations coming from the front and rear motors fighting each other.. where one is pulling or pushing the other. Which... you can imagine if you have a different diameter wheel on the front than the rear.. that will be hell.. I mean it's all software related at the end of the day.

IMO all these problems could be easily solved. We should remember that electric motors have a faster reaction to software commands and the two motors can easily work well together IMO. Maybe that the sprint to 60 mph could also be raised a little bit (3 sec is scary :scared:) to maybe 3.5 sec. giving better chances to make the two motors work well together.

IMO all these problems could be easily solved. We should remember that electric motors have a faster reaction to software commands and the two motors can easily work well together IMO. Maybe that the sprint to 60 mph could also be raised a little bit (3 sec is scary :scared:) to maybe 3.5 sec. giving better chances to make the two motors work well together.

I'm sure it can be solved.. being an auto mechanic allows me to work on cars but... I don't have an electrical engineer degree so all that other stuff is foreign to me hehe... since I also customize vehicles for looks and track use.. we use staggered tires as well as different size front to rear wheels for the visual appeal.. but being it's all electronic, we could get the outer tire diameter to match closely so the ABS doesn't freak out but when it comes to the actual motors.. that will be interesting and something new. heh But yea.. 0-60 mph in under 3 seconds is crazy fast.. I'll totally want it, but I'll be content with sub 3 seconds as well haha... People who have sat and/or driven my P85+ said it's just like a roller coaster!

Larry