Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to order a 75D - sanity check my spec pls ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:) thanks! Charge point was installed this morning...

Attachments

• 6E14FDB8-A6BF-42F9-B39E-BE50246D5CAD.jpeg
    6E14FDB8-A6BF-42F9-B39E-BE50246D5CAD.jpeg
    575.9 KB · Views: 66
I must have taken out about 10 people already LOL Everyone wants a go in it!

Had a few scary moments with the auto steer where it seems to understeer a fair bit on slightly windy roads but used to how it does it now. Very smooth and fairly fast. Pleased with the black on black on black and wouldn't change the spec at all. All road so far so good!

auto steer where it seems to understeer a fair bit on slightly windy roads

I've not used AP2, but based on AP1 you may need to watch out for:

Cresting a rise - dashboard clearly shows confident, straight, carriage mark lines ... but car wanders all over the lane somewhat alarmingly!

Unseen static object - AP ignores anything not moving, except things that it has seen moving which have now stopped. So if, for example, the car in front of you changes lane to avoid a stationary object then AP is unlikely to consider it a threat, and could drive into it.

Bumper-to-bumper "follow" requires that you take over control when the car in front of you gets to the junction / roundabout - otherwise you will blindly follow it when it pulls out!

But basically just resist the temptation to over-trust AP and instead convert to maintaining a vigilant lookout fore and aft, and keep a hand on the wheel. I keep right foot near the accelerator (pity there isn't a foot rest that side) because my most common issue is that AP thinks that ae gap is too narrow and brakes unexpectedly, which I compensate with accelerator to avoid people behind wondering WTF I'm up to! Don't think I've ever had to brake (where AP didn't), but probably that is because I have taken over steering in corner cases and/or disengaged Cruise to allow the car to slow down (e.g. a car clearly merging into my lane which AP hasn't seen yet and if I don't take over AP will have to brake somewhat sharpish, which wrecks my wH/mi stats :rolleyes:)

IME AP1 is much less tiring than manual driving on longer journeys.

Reactions: CotswoldS3X
Hi, thanks for al that. I think in general apart from 'test drives' i will only really use it on motorways, and then mainly in stop start traffic or as a slightly more advanced cruise control. Quite pleased with the performance as well. I have the 75D which seems fairly quick in the initial 0-20 but then seems to have a more steady progression acceleration from there. I can see why a Tesla wins in 0-60 races but starts to lose out in 0-100 ones! All very fun overall though!

Thanks, doesnt look like that now though...

Without starting a new thread as that would get a bit boring the last thing I am going to say is that whilst the car is amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world it quite possibly has the worst turning circle of any car I have ever driven!

Thanks, doesnt look like that now though...

Without starting a new thread as that would get a bit boring the last thing I am going to say is that whilst the car is amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world it quite possibly has the worst turning circle of any car I have ever driven!

It is a pretty long car but yes, turn on a sixpence it can't :)