Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to order a 75D - sanity check my spec pls ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay so - I lied. I've been logging on daily to check the status of my car. And yesterday, it gloriously changed to "Your Tesla is currently in production." Whaay-heyy!

So what's the opinion - late Feb ?

P

Ooh exciting :). Mine went into production on the 22nd Dec last year and I collected on the 1st March. Mine's an S and I'm in the South East of England. I suspect late Feb is a bit optimistic, I'm not sure how the cars get from Tilburg to Dublin, but it's bound to take longer than to the UK.

Your next update should be at the beginning of Jan saying you are en route to the coast. :)

I cannot contain myself! I'm pretty sure my car is on the Maersk Ohio enroute to Tilburg having left Houston a few days ago. Can I not have it now! This waiting thing is, quite frankly, awful !

P

Ahh the Long Wait, I remember it well! Well worth it though. Have you had a call from the delivery team yet? Once they know it’s on a ship they can be more accurate with a handover date. Mine was at sea this time last year and I booked for a 1st March collection.

Well worth starting to get some insurance quotes as well, you get a better price for enquiringly early, even though you might not be able to specify the exact risk date or Reg number.

So my status has just changed to "Your Tesla has arrived at the Tilburg Factory in the Netherlands for final assembly. Your Tesla will soon be in transit to your delivery location.".

Excitement level: Fever Pitch.

How many more sleeps do you reckon until I get my grubby little hands on it then ?!

• Love
Reactions: ATC@LWSK
So my status has just changed to "Your Tesla has arrived at the Tilburg Factory in the Netherlands for final assembly. Your Tesla will soon be in transit to your delivery location.".

Excitement level: Fever Pitch.

How many more sleeps do you reckon until I get my grubby little hands on it then ?!

I would have thought you would have been contacted by now, it should only spend a few days at Tilburg before coming across the Channel. I'd get on the phone if it were me, and would be going for the 1st March ish if the new plate is important to you. Sometimes the battery pack is on a different vessel but even so the 1st March sounds about right to me.

So the car has left Tilburg for its onward journey to Ireland. I've been invited by email, to a Customer Orientation event ? Is this secret Tesla code speak for "handover of car" ?!

No it's an informal gathering of owners who are shortly to take delivery. They run through a variety of topics, and it's a useful way of meeting a few people who will also be picking up cars very soon. In terms of knowledge if you've been studying Tesla since you ordered and have been reading forums, U Tube vidoes etc then there's a good chance you'll learn very little. I think I knew more than the Service Manager when I had mine o_O.

Nonetheless, even if you pick up only one nugget it's worth a couple hours of your time IMO.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: podge and Terry_B58