Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Finally Ordered An X 75D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been watching the specs for 6-9 months now, and I think it’s as good a time as ever to jump in (I hope those words don’t come back to haunt me when they do something like an interior refresh just before I take delivery!)

TBH with Tesla’s continuing programme of improvements you could end up waiting forever. In the meantime you’re missing out on the enjoyment of ownership, so if it feels right now then that’s the time to pull the trigger IMO.

Surprised you can claim any VAT, I thought that was only for vans? (which I think require no rear windows, or something like that)?

You’re right, you can’t claim any VAT back on the purchase price.

The 100% FYA also just gives a cash flow advantage in year one. Worth having but it just means you get no further benefit and a bill when you do eventually sell.

Surprised you can claim any VAT, I thought that was only for vans? (which I think require no rear windows, or something like that)?
agreed, my accountant told me no VAT back on the purchase and agree it's only a real first year benefit, which for me is good as it means I don't have to dip into personal funds for the deposit. then depends how long you keep it, how you depreciate it via the company and what you class as the resale value (webuyanycar) at time of sale.