Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Condensate rerouting project complete

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NV Ray

Sep 7, 2020
On my 2012 MS P85 - 20230312_135111.jpg20230312_135853.jpg20230312_143539.jpgYet another routing option. Parts sourced from my local Lowes. 3/4" open connection to existing OEM discharge tube addresses @wk057 advice here Vendor - Preventative Maintenance regarding Battery Failures in early Model S vehicles (2012-2014)

Further, 3/4" open connection also allows condensate escape in case anything gets plugged up.

CVPC in pic is actually CPVC

Last edited:
For both @NV Ray and @Denpok

I'm seeing a rise in your lines. That's going to allow water to collect and cause mold growth and blockage over time.
Where do you see my rise? Also, the end of Tesla's black tubing into the start of my white tubing drips into that tubing. I did that so that if there is any blockage in mine any water would simply spill over that opening. Just like water would drip if I had not modified. Thx.

Where do you see my rise? Also, the end of Tesla's black tubing into the start of my white tubing drips into that tubing. I did that so that if there is any blockage in mine any water would simply spill over that opening. Just like water would drip if I had not modified. Thx.
It appears to be one from the start to the point where you have to clear the gold housing.

While it may just be optics, it doesn't look as if is a continuous decline as it should be.

Not knowing anything about your situation, something as small as the slope of your garage (for water runoff) may be enough to cause some water to collect.

Even the right angle joint can have a tendency to collect a little water and hence grow mold.

Condensate drains are always a PITA.