Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC on Manual but Recirculate keeps reverting to Auto

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make certain that your driver profile is active. Then press and hold the Recirculate Cabin Air button (should change from bright blue to grey). I had to do this several times before I was able to return the Climate Control settings to Auto, AC (fan speed running on Auto) with the recirculate turned off.

Then press and hold the Recirculate Cabin Air button (should change from bright blue to grey).
That doesn't work. It changes color as soon as you press down.

The issue it changes from gray (off) to faded blue (auto) on the next drive. I have to press it twice, first time to blue (on) then again to gray (off) every drive.

That doesn't work. It changes color as soon as you press down.

The issue it changes from gray (off) to faded blue (auto) on the next drive. I have to press it twice, first time to blue (on) then again to gray (off) every drive.
This works for me:

1) Set Recirculate Cabin Air to ON - Button turns bright blue when pressed
2) Cancel Recirculate Cabin Air for this trip only - Button turns grey when pressed. Recirculate Cabin Air is OFF but will resume being turned ON the next time you drive.
3) Turn Off Recirculate Cabin Air (Turn OFF permanently) - Press Recirculate Cabin Air button. Button should change from bright blue to grey. Press button a second time, button should turn bright blue. Press button a third time, button should now be off, permanently.

I tried this with both my Driver Profile and my Easy Access Profile and it worked.

This works for me:

1) Set Recirculate Cabin Air to ON - Button turns bright blue when pressed
2) Cancel Recirculate Cabin Air for this trip only - Button turns grey when pressed. Recirculate Cabin Air is OFF but will resume being turned ON the next time you drive.
3) Turn Off Recirculate Cabin Air (Turn OFF permanently) - Press Recirculate Cabin Air button. Button should change from bright blue to grey. Press button a second time, button should turn bright blue. Press button a third time, button should now be off, permanently.

I tried this with both my Driver Profile and my Easy Access Profile and it worked.
Didn't work. It still reverts back to Auto on the next drive.

Didn't work. It still reverts back to Auto on the next drive.
Works for me; when I cycle through the Recirculate Cabin Air button states (grey (off), bright blue (on), light blue (mystery mode), then back to grey (off)) while driving (not while parked at home) the settings remains the next time I drive. Other than the Recirculate button the HVAC is set to 70F, Auto.

So I’m not the only person that’s confused about what the light blue mode is. 😆

Works for me; when I cycle through the Recirculate Cabin Air button states (grey (off), bright blue (on), light blue (mystery mode), then back to grey (off)) while driving (not while parked at home) the settings remains the next time I drive. Other than the Recirculate button the HVAC is set to 70F, Auto.

• Funny
Reactions: jcanoe
I'm seeing the same thing and it's frustrating as hell. When I leave my hvac in manual it means manual. All these "we know what setting is better than the driver" crap is just killing the whole driving experience. I just need a modern EV instead of petro car. I don't need a smart car. Can somebody please build a dumb EV that's efficient with quick acceleration? I don't need all the AI crap. There are certain things that are simply good enough. I shouldn't have to argue with my car regarding hvac. To take my eyes off road to turn on headlights. To see mirrors tilting in reverse when the mirrors are folded. Not able to adjust home charging config when away from home, etc.
Just imagine how much cheaper the car would be without engineering effort on these crap. Or how much more profit if you are an investor...