Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Ireland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I planned to buy Acceleration Boost immediately after getting my LR at the end of March, but it doesn't seem to be available in Upgrades.
Curious as to whether anyone else in Ireland has been able to buy Acceleration Boost or if it might be something to do with my ordering the tow package on the car.

I planned to buy Acceleration Boost immediately after getting my LR at the end of March, but it doesn't seem to be available in Upgrades.
Curious as to whether anyone else in Ireland has been able to buy Acceleration Boost or if it might be something to do with my ordering the tow package on the car.
Did you purchase or lease ? If it's a lease you don't have access to upgrades (I am led to believe)

Would you need to declare this to the insurance company as a modification?

It almost certainly would need be declared as a deviation from standard spec. I had to declare tow bar and FSD on insurance even though they are Tesla options - LV rejected our quote request as we had too many changes from standard spec! I suspect that it would be disproportionately extra on insurance as it would be a performance modification although sometimes insurers allow some sensible leeway - the sports exhaust on one of my cars was allowed as it did not increase power by more than 10% but was still needed to be listed. But normally the underwriters want to have a say.

Last edited:
It almost certainly would need be declared as a deviation from standard spec. I had to declare tow bar and FSD on insurance even though they are Tesla options - LV rejected our quote request as we had too many changes from standard spec! I suspect that it would be disproportionately extra on insurance as it would be a performance modification although sometimes insurers allow some sensible leeway - the sports exhaust on one of my cars was allowed as it did not increase power by more than 10% but was still needed to be listed. But normally the underwriters want to have a say.
you are right from what I have seen. Insurance companies usually work in terms of the % power increase and less than 5-10% is often not charged but I don't think anyone knows what the power increase is for this do they? I guess it could be estimated based on the performance improvement. More than 10% I would think

Better then to buy a performance car upfront really

In UK rather than Ireland. I’m certainly being offered it on my LR with towbar.

Thanks, that I'd somehow inadvertently excluded myself from acceleration boost by adding the tow package was what I was most worried about. I was in two minds up to order time as to whether I was going for Performance or LR and it was the towing package and the ability to get acceleration boost that led me to order the LR.

Did you purchase or lease ? If it's a lease you don't have access to upgrades (I am led to believe)

Purchased. I can see the FSD upgrade... just not acceleration boost.

Are you unhappy with the current level of acceleration? Perhaps it's something to save for when you get a bit bored with the car.

This Model 3 is my 5th EV and I miss the low end kick I'm used to.