Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does the highland LR have the option of acceleration boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What the title says. I’m in the US and just pre-planning on weather I will want to wait for a performance or not. I got acceleration boost on my LR 3 and now am spoiled😂.
I added PB to my 2020 LR Y, it was worth every penny to me, so I would want that option again. You keep the RANGE and chop .5 maybe .6 seconds off its 0 to 60. To me that’s a WIN WIN. As much as we love our 2022 MYP we are now more interested in more REFINEMENTS and MORE RANGE so we are thinking of trading to a the new 3 AWD LR.

Reactions: Flatbat
What the title says. I’m in the US and just pre-planning on weather I will want to wait for a performance or not. I got acceleration boost on my LR 3 and now am spoiled😂.
Currently Acceleration boost is not available for any Highland cars. All new Highland cars that have been officially announced have a top speed of 125 mph.

My speculation is that Tesla is widening the Performance gap between the LR and the Performance model and the Highland LR will never get the Boost upgrade. That is speculation though. Only time will tell.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
Currently Acceleration boost is not available for any Highland cars. All new Highland cars that have been officially announced have a top speed of 125 mph.

My speculation is that Tesla is widening the Performance gap between the LR and the Performance model and the Highland LR will never get the Boost upgrade. That is speculation though. Only time will tell.
I get the feeling you are right on this. Im in the uk and RSEV who i am subcribed to on u tube has purchased a new Highland model 3 long range and done a couple of videos on the range (apparently its better ecconomy on motorway driving) but he mentioned that unlike all other model 3 long ranges he has, this one has no acceleration boost upgrade option in the app. I have been thinking of getting this for my 2022 model 3 long range and now wondering if it may be taken off the menu soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I added PB to my 2020 LR Y, it was worth every penny to me, so I would want that option again. You keep the RANGE and chop .5 maybe .6 seconds off its 0 to 60. To me that’s a WIN WIN. As much as we love our 2022 MYP we are now more interested in more REFINEMENTS and MORE RANGE so we are thinking of trading to a the new 3 AWD LR.

If you wan to "keep the range" just put smaller wheels on the performance. As of right nows design anyway, they would get the same range.

I am looking to trade my MY20 3 AWD LR (AB) for a highland. Like @TomServo I have been rally happy with this config. Frustrating not to be able to get the Acceleration Boost with the MY24. I wont need all the bells, whistles & extra $$ of a M3P and would have to downsize the wheels in any case as I do a lot of dirt country road driving.