Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a Model Y review of acceleration boost and the guy said it made the accelerator pedal very sensitive. It was so sensitive that it made the reviewer regret purchasing it. He was left with chill mode which was too sluggish and sport mode that was too sensitive.

Has anyone purchased AB for their model 3 and felt the accelerator became too sensitive?

Wouldnt this be, effectively "car is faster and im not capable of modulating my foot"? I mean, I have a performance model 3, and my wife says "its too fast" because she she feels the amount of pedal travel vs amount of acceleration is not something she can modulate.

Its no problem for me, but I have the opposite issue in that whenever I drive any other car, it doesnt feel like it goes anywhere when I push the pedal.

Whether someone can learn to modulate the pedal properly (most will be fine) or not (a few may not have the motor skills?) is a personal thing, so not sure how any feedback would help on that as its going to be something like asking someone ------ "Is this spicy chicken hot?"

1679436508554.png

I have this upgrade, and I don't notice the difference at all with pedal sensitivity. When I first activated it, I didn't even notice it even in the slightest while driving out of the neighborhood. Once I was able to get on it coming off an intersection, then I immediately noticed the extra acceleration power. I think as others have stated, it's more like an HP increase, and if you can (like most humans) modulate your foot, it's no problem at all. Having owned this upgrade, I sincerely don't understand what that YouTuber person was saying. Perhaps he was just unhappy with his purchase? Even if so, you have 48 hours from purchase to get a one-time refund if you have a change of heart.

I saw a Model Y review of acceleration boost and the guy said it made the accelerator pedal very sensitive. It was so sensitive that it made the reviewer regret purchasing it. He was left with chill mode which was too sluggish and sport mode that was too sensitive.

Has anyone purchased AB for their model 3 and felt the accelerator became too sensitive?

Sounds like BS to get views to me. I've got AB and drive it year round where there are actually 4 seasons without issue. If one can't handle the acceleration sensitivity mapping, said person probably shouldn't be driving any vehicle at all as they're a danger to themselves and others.

Reactions: TimTam and Park2670
I'll just add my spouse's viewpoint after driving with it for a while. She hates chill mode now. She is probably the most anti-acceleration person I know and we had a rental 3 for a while and she kept asking me why I kept putting the car in chill mode when she was driving. I kept having to show her it wasn't in chill mode. That was how used she was to our car with boost.

The throttle is still super easy to control. In snow though I'd probably run chill mode though. The car stock, no boost, still has a lot of power. Now if you have good snow tires, than less likely to be an issue. But for every day, I'd never give up boost.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I found the acceleration has always been linear. Even on my S in insane mode, it isn't overly sensitive. I can still creep the car forward a centimeter at a time if I want. There is no ramped up acceleration curve (such as exponential mapping) in the LRs. I think the P versions are a bit more abrupt off the line but still very manageable.

Think of it as a 50 HP injection of power.

Guys, Anyone here tried the boost recently and got a refund for it within the 48 hours. I am planning on buying it and wanted to have that refund option just in case.
I purchased it last month and received a confirmation email that said I had 48 hours for a refund. The refund can only be redeemed once (can’t purchase AB over and over again).

I think I remember a video mentioning that the refund takes a while to process. I’m not sure if it was like 5 business days or significantly more. Perhaps someone who returned AB can chime in about how long it took to receive the funds.

On one car I had, I cancelled in the first 24 hours and it was refunded by the next day. I missed it so much I bought it right back anyway.

I noticed it a lot when I added it. I felt the loss of it even more than the addition of it. YMMV.