Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration on LR vs AWD Non-P from 0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm stuck between getting the LR RWD vs Non-P AWD... we have the LR RWD and launching the car from 0 feels sluggish while accelerating when the car is rolling is extremely quick.

Will getting the AWD accelerate faster from 0? I know the 0-60 is .5 sec faster but will it throw you back to your seat if you step on it at 0mph? If not then there's no reason for me to get AWD (I live in CA)

Need to make a decision soon!

I have AWD Non-P. In good conditions (temps/80+ SoC) it will push you back in your seat from launch nicely. Not as hard as the P3 obviously but it does a bit. Definitely doesn't feel sluggish off the line to me at all. The AWD's listed 60 times are also purposely sandbagged by Tesla (likely to differentiate more from the P3) as many people including myself typically get 4.3s not 4.5s.

I have AWD Non-P. In good conditions (temps/80+ SoC) it will push you back in your seat from launch nicely. Not as hard as the P3 obviously but it does a bit. Definitely doesn't feel sluggish off the line to me at all. The AWD's listed 60 times are also purposely sandbagged by Tesla (likely to differentiate more from the P3) as many people including myself typically get 4.3s not 4.5s.

Thank you for the input! If SoC was 40-60, would it feel weaker?

I originally forgo the AWD because I didn't see the need to spend an extra 4K but I found an inventory model that Tesla is giving $570 off. After driving the LR AWD I feel a bit more incline to spend a little more for the slight excitement (probably not the best way to spend money.)