Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accent Headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Further to my page 1 post. My drivers side LED signature strip has been out probably since I got the car. Noticed it for the first time after a few week. First Service Center appointment today. They did a 4 wheel alignment to center the steering wheel and replaced the entire drivers side headlight. All is as it should be now.

Update: tech finished and had to run to his next appointment. Says software update is required to re-calibrate. Remotely pushed update. Ten minutes later and I received the notice on my phone. Updating now. Fingers crossed.

how's the alignment of the new housing? the driver's side one that they replaced 4 weeks ago is more flush to the bumper than the passenger side one. doesn't bug me enough to have the svc attempt to adjust

Updated to 28.2 and everything checks out.

Here are some photos of the housings vs front fascia.

New (driver's side)
IMG_20180809_125125.jpg

Original (passenger's side)
IMG_20180809_125111.jpg

Reactions: Boourns
Stopped by the service center this morning. I said I read here that a firmware update could fix it. They looked at the car, said it was a defective part that was causing the rapid blink. Scheduled an appointment two weeks out so they could order parts.

An hour later, I get a text saying they realized it was a firmware update and a ranger would contact me within 48 hours.

Moral of the story: Don't let them tell you it's not a firmware problem.