Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories for 2021 Refresh Model S Plaid/LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t found anything yet, and apparently the Amazon replacements for the front don’t fit the refresh 🤷🏼‍♂️
this one is for the refresh:
Cool--which color I closets to the blacked-out trim?
If you mean the black Model S (like mine on the pictures), that’s the Tesla Solid Black color (which I make with 3M G12 - Gloss Black).

Reactions: cwanja
this one is for the refresh:

If you mean the black Model S (like mine on the pictures), that’s the Tesla Solid Black color (which I make with 3M G12 - Gloss Black).
No I mean the blacked out trim on the refresh S -- it looks like it is a really dark grey vs black, but I might be wrong about that.

I am currently on the US Amazon store (everything I do is also there), and my thinking is that once this business is mature enough (hopefully in half a year or so) I will expand to Canada and UK via Amazon. Shipping to Canada is insanely expensive indeed, don’t know if this is a seasonal thing but it’s about $15-$20 for a small package 😮
What carrier do you use? Personally I don't mind slow ground USPS to Canada

Reactions: impastu
Ok thanks.
2 quick questions:
In your tail light install video, the film seems very scratched. Normal?
And do you still have the pics that compare 35% & 50% daytime and nighttime, front and rear?
Thanks
Just the photos on my site but I also had a video where I compare them, which I had to take down after one of the companies I mention in the video threatened me...but since then I've lawyered up and I feel more comfortable telling them to go F themselves, so I will re-upload it today and share the link.

As for the tint on the video - that's VViViD, I no longer use it. The XPEL film is great, I can show you some photos later tonight once the kids hit the beds :)

Ok thanks.
2 quick questions:
In your tail light install video, the film seems very scratched. Normal?
And do you still have the pics that compare 35% & 50% daytime and nighttime, front and rear?
Thanks
Here is the video where I compare the 35% and 50% XPEL Slate Smoke:

Here is what it looks like before I ship it (this is 50%):

Attachments

• IMG_1165.jpeg
    IMG_1165.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1166.jpeg
    IMG_1166.jpeg
    331.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1167.jpeg
    IMG_1167.jpeg
    204 KB · Views: 122
Thanks. And why is it so scratched after install in your installation video? Can a heatgun fix that?
I think that's because this was one of my first installs and my installation technique sucked (in retrospect). It's on my todo to update the video. The ones I have on now (XPEL) don't appear scratched. Also it could be one of the many differences between VViViD and XPEL, not sure, as I said - I stopped using VViViD tints and only use XPEL now.
Also worth noting that XPEL is much easier to install than this on the video, because it sticks better and bends better.

• Informative
Reactions: impastu and jebinc
I ordered these based on your post. Worst experience in a long time. First, seller says 10-14 days. After a month, seller is evasive and refuses to resent or refund. Goes radio silent. I would not recommend anyone here take a chance in this one. I would consider this a scam, more than anything else. Perhaps you got lucky. I did not.

I am sorry you are having problems. I have nothing to do with this vendor other than I liked his product and had a good experience, myself. In fact, I ordered four more sets of two for the 7-seat Model X Plaid we have on order. I just checked the tracking for that order and my order too shows that it arrived in the U.S. on November 28. I see that I also have two records of "Transportation" on December 16 and the most recent report is another saying the package arrived in the U.S. on December 16. I placed that order on November 12. I remain optimistic that order will eventually make it here. I hope yours does as well. As I recall, this most recent order said expected delivery was around the first or second week of January.

I am sorry you are having problems. I have nothing to do with this vendor other than I liked his product and had a good experience, myself. In fact, I ordered four more sets of two for the 7-seat Model X Plaid we have on order. I just checked the tracking for that order and my order too shows that it arrived in the U.S. on November 28. I see that I also have two records of "Transportation" on December 16 and the most recent report is another saying the package arrived in the U.S. on December 16. I placed that order on November 12. I remain optimistic that order will eventually make it here. I hope yours does as well. As I recall, this most recent order said expected delivery was around the first or second week of January.
Mine is the same tracking status; including the dates. It's arrived in the USA twice now! Well over a month since original order and vendor has gone radio silent.

I think that's because this was one of my first installs and my installation technique sucked (in retrospect). It's on my todo to update the video. The ones I have on now (XPEL) don't appear scratched. Also it could be one of the many differences between VViViD and XPEL, not sure, as I said - I stopped using VViViD tints and only use XPEL now.
Also worth noting that XPEL is much easier to install than this on the video, because it sticks better and bends better.
I’ve received a few of your items recently and must say the packaging and presentation is impressive! Nice work! 👍

Working on my full interior wrap, @iyordanov has been a great help with all of the little moments (I’ve never wrapped a thing in my life).

Center console done for now, will finish up tomorrow hopefully.
Great job!!! Once you've done the center console piece, the rest is a piece of cake 🍰

In the meantime I just released this in Carbon Fiber Anthracite (gray).

IMG_1171.jpeg

IMG_1172.jpeg

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1183.jpeg

Reactions: Greeney