Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accident and Repairs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine has white perforated! Love these seats. Going to check it out soon. seats aren't worn at all. In great condition and alignment is great. Here is link: 2016 Tesla Model X P90D For Sale In Santa Monica | Cars.com
well hey, if i had been told white was an option for the interior that would have been a different story! lol

in fact the lady i was speaking to had 2 nicely optioned ones she was looking at with white interior...

well hey, if i had been told white was an option for the interior that would have been a different story! lol

in fact the lady i was speaking to had 2 nicely optioned ones she was looking at with white interior...
Unlike buying from tesla I could negotiate the price down in the 90s and have it just at like 1520 with 0 down and wouldn't have to wait 6 weeks. Still have to decide. Inventory is within a week.

Unlike buying from tesla I could negotiate the price down in the 90s and have it just at like 1520 with 0 down and wouldn't have to wait 6 weeks. Still have to decide. Inventory is within a week.

Kind of makes you wonder how long Tesla is going to be able to maintain it's no-haggle pricing/no discounting policy, since it is pretty clear that Tesla is building up an inventory.

Kind of makes you wonder how long Tesla is going to be able to maintain it's no-haggle pricing/no discounting policy, since it is pretty clear that Tesla is building up an inventory.
If you look some of the BRAND NEW inventory cars with 0 miles have a showroom discount and have been discounted over $5k. They won't be keeping it long for CPOs and inventory cars.

I've looked at the inventory cars from time to time on sites like EV-CPO Hunter and teslainventory.com. The total number of new cars in inventory has gone up since I first looked, but the Model X has come out since then too. The total number of new Model S for sale is lower now than I've seen it in the past. I've seen it as high as around 1000 Model S available in the US and right now it's only 514 new Model S for sale.

The stores cycle through the cars on the floor fairly quickly. The first time I went to the Portland store I noted that the car on the floor had a feature that I knew had just gone into production (a change in the Tesla name on the rear trim) and noted it to the sales guy who came by while I was looking. He commented that they never have cars more than a few weeks. Management likes to to keep cars on the floor that are less than a few weeks old. At the service center they also told me they had a tough time keeping new service loaners because they kept getting sold. They had a little better luck holding on to used cars that had been turned in, but those got sold too.

The idea that Tesla's inventories continue to grow is a myth. If you look at the total number of inventory cars for sale around the world, it probably does grow a bit over time because Tesla keeps opening new stores in new countries and there are more cars cycling through those stores.

I've never heard anything one way or another, but I suspect that Tesla builds canceled order cars and they go into inventory. I think that's how cars with unusual configurations sometimes show up in the inventory list. It doesn't happen as much any more because Tesla has consolidated options to a point where ordering an oddball car is more difficult.

If you look some of the BRAND NEW inventory cars with 0 miles have a showroom discount and have been discounted over $5k. They won't be keeping it long for CPOs and inventory cars.

You may want to wait a few weeks. I suspect the new 75s Tesla is making are software locked larger battery cars and they will be announcing a new 85 or 90 soon. When they do that, they will probably put steeper discounts on older inventory 75s to get rid of them as quickly as possible. I suspect that's why the discounts on 90s have been so steep since the 90 was discontinued, they wanted to get rid of all the inventory 90s before announcing the new 85 or 90 to avoid confusion.

The owner Advisor I've been speaking to, (Rebecca Goodell an awesome person), sent me through 2 100D options that have huge discounts!

x1.png
x2.png
x3.png
x4.png

leases are so cheap i may just have my parents lease either one or both...lol

Reactions: mongo
On the top it says S90D. Second, 27K due at signing is ridiculous. It's crazy to fish out $27k then give up the car in 3 years and have no equity in it what so ever.
Thanks for the help,
Zack
yep, she immediately replied and said these are actually 100D's. looks like the numbers are for a lease, but would be interested what a finance options would be.

she also turned on here sales person charm and said that the other one from Nissan was early VIN, didn't have AP2.0, etc etc etc... and i told her that AP1.0 was better now, the early VIN's had ventilated seats etc. haha

she also turned on here sales person charm and said that the other one from Nissan was early VIN, didn't have AP2.0, etc etc etc... and i told her that AP1.0 was better now, the early VIN's had ventilated seats etc. haha
If they had 7800 due at signing like a regular lease I would pull the trigger now. Doesn't surprise me she gave you the talk about early vins.. It is risky though. Maybe my friend at the SC will take a look at it and do a PPI and tell me what has been done before.

If they had 7800 due at signing like a regular lease I would pull the trigger now. Doesn't surprise me she gave you the talk about early vins.. It is risky though. Maybe my friend at the SC will take a look at it and do a PPI and tell me what has been done before.
i let her know that you were a previous Model X owner as well with an early-ish VIN...she hasn't replied since. :) you know what you want, you know the risks, and you know what to look for, so you don't need any sales pressure. ;)

i let her know that you were a previous Model X owner as well with an early-ish VIN...she hasn't replied since. :) you know what you want, you know the risks, and you know what to look for, so you don't need any sales pressure. ;)
Lol. These sales tactics are really a problem. I thought Tesla avoids this. Guess I was wrong?
Thanks
Zack