Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night my account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details (address, DOB, DL, etc). I have not received any contact from Tesla regarding my MY order (not by text, email, or phone).

Is this a meaningful change indicating delivery might be coming soon or is it just another early step that everyone gets like 'Prepare for Delivery' was (it seems everyone with an order got that).

Reactions: liuping
Are you allowed to enter trade in information from Tesla quote now but if you get a better one later can you change? Same with getting a loan from Tesla vs outside bank.

I just didn’t know if you don’t fill out all this info now will it definitely delay delivery?

I wonder if this is just another step in process, but doesn’t mean anything about delivery. We are coming to quarter end and Tesla usually likes to have as many delivered as possible to meet numbers. I am sure they want to do anything possible probably because Wall Street is expecting them to miss numbers because of what’s going on with the global virus issue

Attachments

• 2E213CD5-9853-4E28-A062-33154E7004E6.jpeg
    2E213CD5-9853-4E28-A062-33154E7004E6.jpeg
    386.2 KB · Views: 437
Reactions: vpatel787
Me too! Red, AWD, black interior, 20" induction wheels - no FSD this time (had it on my 3 I recently sold). Filled out all the details - pickup location, driver's license, registration, financing option. Hoping this means delivery isn't far off! Pre-ordered 01/08/20. :)

How does sales tax work if you do trade in via Tesla? Also Do you pay anything less if you do financing thru Tesla vs outside bank?
in NY, sales tax is collected by the dealer, and is on the DIFFERENCE between trade in value and cost of the new car. tesla collects it.

and whether tesla financing is the cheapest is most likely different for everybody and depends on your credit score, so i would advise checking around to be sure. i have heard that credit unions have great rates, for one thing.

I'm in the same boat re: Account Page!

Under the self acquired loan, there is wording which states, "1. Obtain financing approval As your delivery date approaches, we will prompt you to apply for financing. Approvals are typically valid for 30-60 days depending on your lienholder’s policy".

Based on this, I would say it's possible that Tesla believes they can deliver the vehicle within 30-60 days. Wishful thinking? With the recent drop in Fed interest rate, I'm hoping for a commensurate drop in auto loans. Might drag my feet on completing this form to see what happens.

Ordered: White, LR-AWD, Black Interior, Autopilot w/20"ers.
Order Date: Feb 17th, 2020

Last edited: