Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Achieved 126Wh/mile for 3.2miles on a 0.89° slope!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because Teslas are so efficient (near 100 MPGe) due to the lack of ICE engine friction and heat loss, the proportional impact of things such as slopes and headwinds is much greater. Cool, isn't it? I've done 35 miles plus downhill in the San Gabriela with zero energy. Of course, going uphill used more than 2X ...

• Disagree
Reactions: Sandiegodoug
Yeah, whatever.

range.jpg

I apologize. I just reread my comment and realized my intentions were not clear. I do not doubt the numbers that were posted, they are what I would expect.

Rather, I was attempting to joke about being able to take advantage of them by driving on Escher designed roads where you could always go downhill but still end up where you started.

No need! It was amusing. I was actually responding to the OP. Yeah, you can get quite interesting results if the conditions are right. Nine miles of 3 Wh/mi is sweet, yet easily beaten in the right circumstances.
Check with Poly Wog. I believe her current record is over 30 miles gained in approx 30 miles. She's on the Hawaii thread.

This could be a very easy way of comparing efficiency of different cars - the angle that results in exact 0 Wh / m.
With such small angles relations get linear - twice the efficiency, half the required angle.
it's an obvious way but arguably the easiest way, coz you will find it harder to prepare long enough slopes for different angles lol. On the other hand, I tried the same route today and only did 180+ Wh/mi, looks like even a stop at red light is able to ruin it...