Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add car to app before delivery ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
Six months ago when I got my last M3 I was able to take the VIN provided weeks in advance form Tesla and add it to my account and have it show in the app before arriving at the delivery center.

I tried adding the new yesterday to my account but hey want a photo of my drivers license front and back as well as a photo of the registration. Obviously I won’t have that in advance.

Did Tesla change something recently where you can’t add the car before delivery anymore ?

Six months ago when I got my last M3 I was able to take the VIN provided weeks in advance form Tesla and add it to my account and have it show in the app before arriving at the delivery center.

I tried adding the new yesterday to my account but hey want a photo of my drivers license front and back as well as a photo of the registration. Obviously I won’t have that in advance.

Did Tesla change something recently where you can’t add the car before delivery anymore ?

My delivery was in December 2019. I had to wait for delivery to be recorded before car showed up in App. I tried every way I could think of, since I had already paid for the car. No joy.

My delivery was in December 2019. I had to wait for delivery to be recorded before car showed up in App. I tried every way I could think of, since I had already paid for the car. No joy.

Hmmm. My last one was in Dec 19 as well. My friends actually made it point to say added in when you get the VIN and you can track its location in route. But as it turns out location never showed until after I signed the paperwork / added the phone to the car via Bluetooth.

I guess I’ll just wait. But delivery appointment is only three days away and still not in the app.

Maybe because I already have a car associated with the app? Maybe a change in policy?

But for some reason my reservation number also hasn’t been replaced with the VIN in my account yet, even though the vin in listed in my build date, so that could be part of it.