Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add second reservation to original reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone try adding a second reservation to an existing one? Will Tesla allow it? Will it get the same spot in the queue or back of the line?

I only reserved one at the time I did my original reservation but now I am looking to add another in hindsight. Really wish I would have selected 2 at the time now!

Many have two reservations. The max is two, and the second one, if not done at the same time, has its own 'spot' at the time you placed it. And, yeah, if we didn't, we wished we'd done two at the start. :D
and it was speculated (not sure if this was something assumed or direct from Tesla) that even those with two reservations would only be invited to configure one initially and the second would follow after the mass of initial reservations were delivered.

and it was speculated (not sure if this was something assumed or direct from Tesla) that even those with two reservations would only be invited to configure one initially and the second would follow after the mass of initial reservations were delivered.
Well, I would assume you would do each one when it 'came up'. I did one this year, and I would think I wouldn't be 'able' to configure that one until who knows when. Late 2018? The April 2, 2016 one I hope for late this year. :D

I see no reason to conclude that the second reservation would 'inherit' the timeframe of the first. Great, if so, but on what basis and why?

Well, I would assume you would do each one when it 'came up'. I did one this year, and I would think I wouldn't be 'able' to configure that one until who knows when. Late 2018? The April 2, 2016 one I hope for late this year. :D

I see no reason to conclude that the second reservation would 'inherit' the timeframe of the first. Great, if so, but on what basis and why?
I could have been clearer - I specifically was speaking to someone reserving two Model 3s on day one. That person would be invited to configure one initially but their second first day reservation would be further down the line.
I absolutely don't see a new second reservation getting to share the same spot in the queue as an earlier reservation placed by the same person.