Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adidas accused that Tesla infringe its trademark.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MTXX_20170210_134126.jpg

According to foreign media reports, the sports brand Adidas charged the manufacturers of Tesla recently by saying that "three stripes" logo of Model 3 was very similar to its trademark and demanded Tesla to stop using the logo as a registered trademark.Tesla said that it had already replaced its car badge on February 7th ,but it had nothing to do with Adidas’s charges.
From the appearance point of view, Tesla Model 3’s logo Seemingly disconnected with Adidas’s,so i don’t know the reason why it cause the Adidas’s dissatisfaction.
Tesla said,this kind of case was actually very reluctant.Obviously, consumers will not connect two unrelated things like sneakers and electric car together .
Tesla took down the"three stripes" logo on February 7 , and said the move is just followed the internal resolution of Tesla trademark strictly ,but not responded to the accusations of Adidas.Perhaps the Adidas was too sensitive,which made the Tesla suffer a wrongful treatment.
508700388773353501.jpg

Attachments

• 640.webp.jpg
    640.webp.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 93
  • MTXX_20170210_134126.jpg
    MTXX_20170210_134126.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 45
According to foreign media reports, the sports brand Adidas charged the manufacturers of Tesla recently by saying that "three stripes" logo of Model 3 was very similar to its trademark and demanded Tesla to stop using the logo as a registered trademark.Tesla s
640.webp (1).jpg
aid that it had already replaced its car badge on February 7th ,but it had nothing to do with Adidas’s charges.

From the appearance point of view, Tesla Model 3’s logo Seemingly disconnected with Adidas’s,so i don’t know the reason why it cause the Adidas’s dissatisfaction.

Tesla said,this kind of case was actually very reluctant.Obviously, consumers will not connect two unrelated things like sneakers and electric car together .

Tesla took down the"three stripes" logo on February 7 , and said the move is just followed the internal resolution of Tesla trademark strictly ,but not responded to the accusations of Adidas.Perhaps the Adidas was too sensitive,which made the Tesla suffer a wrongful treatment.
640.webp.jpg
243087554954174442.jpg

I can't find anything about the alleged case on the Adidas investor relations website.
As I am a shareholder of both Adidas and Tesla, I have written to the Adidas investor relations department and asked for verification of these rumors as well as the reasoning behind the whole matter, should it turn out to be true. I can't believe Adidas would honestly claim one could mistake the two logos, as they look nothing alike imho. Plus, the three stripes in the (former) Model 3 logo are simply a reuse of the E in the Tesla logo. Would Tesla then have to change its own logo as well for that matter?

Can we treat this as a rumour as long as there is no factual confirmation of any kind on the whole matter?
Neither Adidas nor Tesla have as yet issued any statements regarding this subject. I for one don't believe a word of this until I have confirmation from either Adidas or Tesla themselves.