Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advance Preparation - Getting Ready to get delivery of MX in a week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

here is the update!!

Got the car last evening. Overall very happy and excited. Few minor issues as below!

1- Paint no issues except just one spot near the trunk but also hidden.
2- Car was overall bit dusty in and out which they tried to attend quickly.
3- I prepared my mind not to be too demanding on alignments. Few spots near FWD and front doors near the corners which were added in due list.
4- Few creases on the seat which though i am not bothered but lets see if they can fix it.

Rest will check thoroughly later on.

On the way back home, noticed that display does not show the cars in front and on side lanes as it is suppose to!!

Would this take time to calibrate sensors or should work right away?

Also noticed that driver door when opens, goes to maximum. I let my son stand in front but it always hit him and did not stop which i presume should stop itself if any obstructions?? I had to hold the door manually.

On the way back home, noticed that display does not show the cars in front and on side lanes as it is suppose to!!

I had the same issue on my new MS and have gotten two different responses. The showroom people in Repulse Bay said "that's weird, call the service center" My DS said "Autopilot 2.0 hasn't been approved by the TD so it won't show up until the approval is received". The service center said they'd look into the issue and call me back.

Hi guys,

here is the update!!

Got the car last evening. Overall very happy and excited. Few minor issues as below!

1- Paint no issues except just one spot near the trunk but also hidden.
2- Car was overall bit dusty in and out which they tried to attend quickly.
3- I prepared my mind not to be too demanding on alignments. Few spots near FWD and front doors near the corners which were added in due list.
4- Few creases on the seat which though i am not bothered but lets see if they can fix it.

Rest will check thoroughly later on.

Also noticed that driver door when opens, goes to maximum. I let my son stand in front but it always hit him and did not stop which i presume should stop itself if any obstructions?? I had to hold the door manually.

Yeh turn off auto door. Otherwise you guaranteed to prang another car or person. Switch on triple click to close all doors instead.

Yeh turn off auto door. Otherwise you guaranteed to prang another car or person. Switch on triple click to close all doors instead.

Thanks. Actually that was first thing i did and turnef off auto door and activated triple click lock also.

But my concern was when u open driver door from inside, it opens too much without any care of obstructions which is dangerous. So there should be a way to limit the opening or make it manual like MS.

Went for X delivery today but rejected due to a few issues and waiting for SC to fix.

- leather on some of the seats was overly loose (seat surface and lumbar)
- paint imperfections on the edges of the rear hatch
- weatherproofing on the rear hatch was unsatisfactory (edges chipped, weather proofing didn't line up flush with body)
- some of the weather proofing on side widows sub standard (small lengths ~2-5cm were dry and a bit cracked, requested replacement)
- one rear window was overly squeaky while going down or up

From what i've been reading and hearing, these issues don't sound too bad but can be big enough to be called out at delivery time.

Sorry I only took notes and not photos.

• Informative
Reactions: mkq786
Went for X delivery today but rejected due to a few issues and waiting for SC to fix.

- weatherproofing on the rear hatch was unsatisfactory (edges chipped, weather proofing didn't line up flush with body)
- some of the weather proofing on side widows sub standard (small lengths ~2-5cm were dry and a bit cracked, requested replacement)

From what i've been reading and hearing, these issues don't sound too bad but can be big enough to be called out at delivery time.

Did they say how long the SC will take to fix all your issues?

Sorry to hear that you could not get your car.

What color did u choose? White apparently had the worst quality!!

Actually i prepared my mind to accept few items at delivery and fix later as i really wanted the car asap. I have been told by a friend that they are not doing a great job on fixing seats and alignments as moulding is not perfect. So i just wonder what they would do it here. Yesterday i visited their new SC which appears to be quite equipped but i believe they are overwhelmed with lot of work which may again affect the quality of work.

My driver side window also very squeaky which i read many people had it and then later improved.

Did they say how long the SC will take to fix all your issues?

no eta provided but i'm not in a rush, would rather the more serious issues be fixed first. But the onus is now on them as the sale and delivery hasn't been completed yet.

Sorry to hear that you could not get your car.

What color did u choose? White apparently had the worst quality!!

Actually i prepared my mind to accept few items at delivery and fix later as i really wanted the car asap. I have been told by a friend that they are not doing a great job on fixing seats and alignments as moulding is not perfect. So i just wonder what they would do it here. Yesterday i visited their new SC which appears to be quite equipped but i believe they are overwhelmed with lot of work which may again affect the quality of work.

My driver side window also very squeaky which i read many people had it and then later improved.

Gladly i anticipated something like this and am not in a hurry to take delivery.
Ordered two cars (Solid Black and Silver Metallic)

The point notes I spotted were mostly present on both vehicles.

I will strongly insist that the issues with leather and weatherproofing be fixed, while the other stuff isn't as major or are easy fixes like the window squeak.

no eta provided but i'm not in a rush, would rather the more serious issues be fixed first. But the onus is now on them as the sale and delivery hasn't been completed yet.

Gladly i anticipated something like this and am not in a hurry to take delivery.
Ordered two cars (Solid Black and Silver Metallic)

The point notes I spotted were mostly present on both vehicles.

I will strongly insist that the issues with leather and weatherproofing be fixed, while the other stuff isn't as major or are easy fixes like the window squeak.

How do we know about weatherproofing unless u really test it. For me it appeared ok except molding little bit not very straight at certain positions.

How do we know about weatherproofing unless u really test it. For me it appeared ok except molding little bit not very straight at certain positions.

Didn't do a water test or anything.
The observations I pointed out to DM were probably more cosmetic than functional.
Exceptions being short lengths of exterior facing rubber weatherproofing trim that was dry/ cracked to the touch.
So you have to feel along the edges to see where there are serious differences in texture.

amazon or if you want to go closer/ cheaper, Taobao

a legit tint place will show you which tint levels comply with legal limits and will even give you a letter to submit to TD if you want to take your car in for compliance inspection.

Did u get any pedals? Although no issue with orignal ones but if i can get something at reasonable price, would be great.

I checked with Tesla service centre. They can get us what is available online abut cost about HKD1150 i guess plus labour charge.

Did u get any pedals? Although no issue with orignal ones but if i can get something at reasonable price, would be great.

I checked with Tesla service centre. They can get us what is available online abut cost about HKD1150 i guess plus labour charge.
I got mine from taobao for much less. About 400 Rmb. It's quite difficult to fit the accelerator paddle though. I hope the reverse is true. It should be quite difficult to come off then.

I got mine from online vendors from the US (although i suspect its probably the same product sourced from TB) for about 70USD a set.
Your quotation from Tesla sounds about right if its full service.

It's quite difficult to fit the accelerator paddle though. I hope the reverse is true. It should be quite difficult to come off then.

I remember that the brake pedal gave me the most trouble because you need to fit 4 corners completely.
But at least they are both on there very securely. Won't come off by accident for sure.