Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Advice on spots for napping/having a kip 😴 [Holyhead Ferry]

Hello

Bit of an odd one this. I need to travel in the next week and am getting a ferry. The ferry gets in, in the early hours.

My onward journey is 6 hours and would rather get some shut eye when I arrive. I'm also not a big fan of night time driving while knackered.

So the question is, any tips/advice on where to pull over for a few hours of kip? I have a Model 3 mattress that I've used for camping a few times.

And what's the law in the UK regarding this, if at all? Clearly I'm not going to be on the side of a busy road, I'm not mad, but just thinking of places where it is safe to do so. I thought of a Supercharger site (not plugged in) but none near my arrival point.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
If you are going to be leaving before 7 in the morning then park in the Argos car park take the first exit off the A55 turn left at the top go through the first roundabout and right at the second and in to the Argos car park.

Been a while since I was over that way but it should still be fine.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC