Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advise from the group p85+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would get them down as far as you can but jump on this one. If it has AP it truly is a unicorn. As far as the warranty I purchased my 2014 P85+ built the end of 2014 a couple of months ago from a dealer. It had only 3,200 miles on it and I wasn’t to worried about the warranty at the time since the car had no miles. Now I wonder about it but when I log onto my Tesla account I have the option to purchase a warranty from them up to 30 days or 1,000 miles after the new vehicle warranty expires either a 2 yr/ 25,000 mile at $2,100 or a 4 yr / 50,000 mile for $4,250 so I think that isn’t an issue any longer.

P85+ is a phenomenal car! They are all great but they drive like no other

PlanB - I strongly suspect your info is correct . But as we've discussed on other threads, I've seen pretty good evidence that a private owner who purchased from a dealer had the "buy esa" option active on the mytesla page.

So, maybe that was an error, or maybe Tesla is differentiating between buying from a dealer vs buying from a private party who bought from a dealer, or maybe policy has changed and SC isn't yet aware.

PlanB - I strongly suspect your info is correct . But as we've discussed on other threads, I've seen pretty good evidence that a private owner who purchased from a dealer had the "buy esa" option active on the mytesla page.

So, maybe that was an error, or maybe Tesla is differentiating between buying from a dealer vs buying from a private party who bought from a dealer, or maybe policy has changed and SC isn't yet aware.

Yeah, I want to buy a certain car but I do not want to own it without warranty. Not sure it's worth the chance but what all said is that the major stuff is still under warranty. Battery, drivetrain etc....

Yeah, I want to buy a certain car but I do not want to own it without warranty. Not sure it's worth the chance but what all said is that the major stuff is still under warranty. Battery, drivetrain etc....

Obviously, risk tolerance is a very personal choice. I don't like owning any modern car out of warranty, although I have .

As for a Tesla, I would never own it out of warranty for at least 2 reasons - electronics are generally expensive to repair and you (effectively have no repair options other than Tesla. At least for my Audi, I can take it to the local mechanic .

That said, we have a 2013 Volt that (surprsingly) has never had anything go wrong.

Just to be 100% positive I went thru the process of acting like I was purchasing the extended warranty on my Tesla account and it takes me all the way to payment. So it will work for me for some reason
It's stuff like this that kills me. Is it a Tesla f-up or a change in policy ? if the latter, it really expands the options. Thanks, MLM P85+ for the info . Every bit helps!!!!

I don't think even that many where made. They pop up every so often. $63K though, come on. When you go to sell it you will lose a few thousand. That's why it's still for sale.

You better buy it before someone else does!
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/732454679/overview/
With all do respect plan b, I have read allot of your input over the last couple months and you seem to be someone that just has to much time on your hands and sorry to say you are kind of a negative person. Yes we are all impressed that you found the car I asked about. Only a person that likes to stir the pot would post a link to try and create a problem. Well the car is sold and I do think you need a life. Can’t believe I had to go there with a stranger from a website, get a life.

With all do respect plan b, I have read allot of your input over the last couple months and you seem to be someone that just has to much time on your hands and sorry to say you are kind of a negative person. Yes we are all impressed that you found the car I asked about. Only a person that likes to stir the pot would post a link to try and create a problem. Well the car is sold and I do think you need a life. Can’t believe I had to go there with a stranger from a website, get a life.

Found the car?, I almost bought it weeks ago (but then I remembered how much a pain in the asss the + suspension is) and I actually did not mean to post the link that is why I deleted it. And you have been here most of the day and you just overpaid for a Tesla, so maybe you need to get a clue and a life. And remember, whenever you point a finger, there's 3 more pointing back at ya.

Clearly there is a lot for you to learn about the car you bought so I suggest you stick around and start reading up :).