Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advisor just told me this..Is it how Tesla operates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My advisor just called to update me on my Y.

July 25th - Ordered
Aug 6th - Received 2-5 week text

Here is what my advisor told me. My car has not yet been manufactured, Tesla was working on a large delivery to Canada and had been making those spec cars.

They have now shifted back to US production and are trying to deliver all the cars by end of quarter for financial reasons.

He said later this week, I will receive a VIN text. He said when you receive the VIN text, your car is about to go into production. Is that how it works? I found it rather odd that I received the 2-5 week text before the Vin text....

You're buying a pig in a poke, and you don't even know when you'll get your hands on the poke.

A delivery estimate doesn't mean you'll get the vehicle in that window.
Being assigned a VIN doesn't mean you'll get that vehicle.
A delivery date doesn't mean it'll be delivered on that date.
A delivery doesn't mean you'll accept the car.
A pick-up date doesn't mean you'll pick up a car on that date.
A pick-up doesn't mean you'll accept the car.

On the bright side, lots of people seem to be happy with their pigs.

you're in CA

more than 30 days = automatic lemon = new tesla or new car

I suggest you read Civil Code § 1793.22 again. It isn't nearly as simple as that. Also the defect or "nonconformity" which requires the repairs must "substantially impair the use, value, or safety of the new motor vehicle" -- cosmetic defects and panel gaps aren't going to meet this definition.

If OP is serious about trying to have the car classified as a lemon, he/she should call a lemon law attorney for a free consultation.

Reactions: Noodles
I suggest you read Civil Code § 1793.22 again. It isn't nearly as simple as that. Also the defect or "nonconformity" which requires the repairs must "substantially impair the use, value, or safety of the new motor vehicle" -- cosmetic defects and panel gaps aren't going to meet this definition.

If OP is serious about trying to have the car classified as a lemon, he/she should call a lemon law attorney for a free consultation.

it's a welding job for the driver's side shock tower.

when you do welding work, it's never cosmetic. incorrect annealing process will weaken the metal, rust prevention is fairly easy but still a technician can still mess that process.