Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero covers on non-Tesla alloys?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Hi, I have a set of 18s on my 2019 M3P that I got from Gavin Wallace. I'm not sure what brand they are but I know he sold loads. Could anyone confirm if the Tesla aero covers will fit these alloys? Also what are the realistic range improvements when mainly driving on the motorway when using them? Thanks

Hi, I have a set of 18s on my 2019 M3P that I got from Gavin Wallace. I'm not sure what brand they are but I know he sold loads. Could anyone confirm if the Tesla aero covers will fit these alloys? Also what are the realistic range improvements when mainly driving on the motorway when using them? Thanks
AFAIK they are keyed to the exact conformation of the OEM alloys. Ask a fellow M3 driver at a SC to pop one off?

Reactions: m3gt2
No, I've got them on standard 18" wheels. M3noob beat me to it, but they do clamp onto the spokes (or between the spokes) so unless the other wheels have the same spoke pattern, I'd be surprised if they fitted.

Edit: Do you have a photo of the wheels?

I had a quick look on the Facebook group and Gavin has a post about a noisy aircon and in the video it shows Aero covers. Now, that might not be his wheels on his car, but you'd think...

Might be best to ping him on Facebook.

I'm sure I've seen others in the range of 3-5%. You can decide if that's significant enough to put them on.
Rimetrix measured less of a difference:
1641040263849.png

No, I've got them on standard 18" wheels. M3noob beat me to it, but they do clamp onto the spokes (or between the spokes) so unless the other wheels have the same spoke pattern, I'd be surprised if they fitted.

Edit: Do you have a photo of the wheels?
Here you go :)

Attachments

• AD1EE999-9927-431C-936E-416040F3AB4A.jpeg
    AD1EE999-9927-431C-936E-416040F3AB4A.jpeg
    431.5 KB · Views: 77