Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Wheels - touch up paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s not midnight silver.

How do I know?

Centre caps are midnight silver (from my S custom painted wheels) shown on Model 3 18”
78BE5444-3392-4A4C-B819-0494CEF853A5.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: T34ME
So of course less than 2 weeks of owning my Model 3 I manage to get some curb rash on the rear passenger wheel. It’s not terrible but I would like to cover it up with some touch up paint. My service center does not have the touch up paint for the wheels and said it’s usually easier to get it off the website. There is no touch up paint listed for the 3 or the X but the S does have touch up paint available but the only one for the wheels is the silver color.

The guy I spoke to at the service center is going to see if he can find any info and get back to me. If anyone knows a good source for touch up paint for the Model S 21” turbine wheels it would be greatly appreciated. Or if someone happens to know the paint code for that color that would probably work too.

Looking forward to hearing if that works, PoitNarf. I've got curb rash on the same wheel on my 3 and want to get it fixed/touched up.

Just checked the tracking and the touch up paint it arriving tomorrow. I’m going to put a blob of it on a piece of paper and let it dry to make sure the color matches first. If it does I’m going to use it on the wheel. I’ll post before and after pictures.

Reactions: Dave B
Looking forward to hearing if that works, PoitNarf. I've got curb rash on the same wheel on my 3 and want to get it fixed/touched up.

While it’s by no means a perfect cosmetic fix my wheel looks 20x better with the touch up paint applied. The color appears to be an exact match to my eyes. Here’s some before and after pics.

EEE8724C-A12E-4ED4-99BD-D80D1E69C6D2.jpeg

60117F00-2B9B-4D6B-838A-CD0068D71BE3.jpeg

Same issue - Curb Rash on rear passenger side on my 3rd day of ownership. Explored a few options, and initially bought some RimSavers from RimBladesUSA to at least minimize this sort of damage in the future. Turns out they also covered the scrapes on the rim of my wheel (see pics). They were easy to install and look good on the wheel, and also still allow me to put the aero covers on. My only concern is potential for some tarnishing of the exposed metal on the wheel, although they are covered very well with the adhesive. We'll see. Here's a link to their website: RimSavers | RimBladesUSA

Before:
image4.jpeg image3.jpeg

After:
image2.jpeg image1.jpeg

Just bought some of the touch up paint for my 19" snow tire rims and 21" aeros. Both silvers.I'll try lightly sanding then applying the paint and report back. Has anybody ::achem:: tested out the rimsavers to see how well they actually protect the rims? I have to park on the street a lot with granite curbs and those things are UNFORGIVING!

Same issue - Curb Rash on rear passenger side on my 3rd day of ownership. Explored a few options, and initially bought some RimSavers from RimBladesUSA to at least minimize this sort of damage in the future. Turns out they also covered the scrapes on the rim of my wheel (see pics). They were easy to install and look good on the wheel, and also still allow me to put the aero covers on. My only concern is potential for some tarnishing of the exposed metal on the wheel, although they are covered very well with the adhesive. We'll see. Here's a link to their website: RimSavers | RimBladesUSA

Before:
View attachment 299172 View attachment 299173

After:
View attachment 299174 View attachment 299175

Interesting option. Do they work with the aero covers on?

Before:
View attachment 299172 View attachment 299173

After:
View attachment 299174 View attachment 299175

MKandyman, did you get the silver color? Do you have a picture with the aero covers on?