Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero Winter tires don’t come with aero covers anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my aero winters put on, and was not given a set of covers to go with them... is this an actual change, or is the service centre mistaken? Got winters for my other 3 last year, and they came with an extra set of aero covers, as did others who ordered the winter tire aero wheels. Not that I need them (can use the summer covers), but just don’t understand the logic of not including them... don’t even see them for purchase on the Tesla website. Presumably not everyone who buys aero winters has aero summers.

anyone actually given aero covers with their winter tire package from Tesla recently?

I kinda remember as far as a year back that the website said the set doesn't come with the covers. And was never a dealbreaker to me because I could just use my existing. But interesting that people got covers anyway for a while.

I know it's coming thus I bought xtra aero wheel covers from people who swiftly react that they don't like it-look for cheap deals. I got 4 for $100.

Brand new Aero covers from Tesla are $120 for a set of 4 ($30/each)

I ordered my car in July of this year and remember looking at the Tesla winter wheel options back then and noticed the web site said they didn't include aero covers, so at least as far back as July they were telling customers that the covers didn't come with the package.

When I ordered a set of aero wheels for my winter tires from my local Service Center last year, I was quoted $250 per wheel with the aero cover included or $200 per wheel without the cover. I.e., it was an extra $50 per cover. So I went without the covers and just swap them between my all-seasons and winter wheels.

Brand new Aero covers from Tesla are $120 for a set of 4 ($30/each)

I ordered my car in July of this year and remember looking at the Tesla winter wheel options back then and noticed the web site said they didn't include aero covers, so at least as far back as July they were telling customers that the covers didn't come with the package.

So it sounds like the price has dropped from $50 to $30 per cover since last year. That's nice.

When I ordered a set of aero wheels for my winter tires from my local Service Center last year, I was quoted $250 per wheel with the aero cover included or $200 per wheel without the cover. I.e., it was an extra $50 per cover. So I went without the covers and just swap them between my all-seasons and winter wheels.

So it sounds like the price has dropped from $50 to $30 per cover since last year. That's nice.

They were $30 back in January 2019. If buying used online please make sure the person actually owns a Model 3 or has a good reason for wanting to sell them.

• Helpful
Reactions: nvx1977
Alright, sounds legit. I remember reading something about some sort of cover on the order page, but the wording was confusing (ie were they talking about the aero covers, or the lug nut covers for going hubcap free). Only saw the lug nut covers for sale, so assumed that's what they were talking about. Either way, don't need extras (and have 4 unused ones from when they came with the winter tires...) Just making sure I'm not getting screwed over (well, with the price having gone up 300$, and less included in the package, still feels a bit annoying, but really just going to sit in the basement as a "just in case"). You guys are amazing for the quick and helpful replies!

That's very interesting, In August I was quoted $250/wheel for the 18" aero wheel and cover. It broke down to $220 for the wheel and $30 for the aero cover...

Seattle Service center told me this...

was at my local SC today to pick up my winter wheels, and they said for the longest time, they didn't get the memo that the aero caps weren't supposed to be included. They were attaching them to the winter set when they installed them. a customer eventually alerted them that the website says the covers weren't included.