Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After 100,000 miles....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of buying Model S.

There are quite a few owners who have some or the other issues (such as the Pano roof leaking, etc.) going on with their Model S. They have been able to get most of the problems corrected by taking the car to the Service Center as part of the 50K warranty and the additional 50K (which can be purchased separately) warranty.

However, I am worried about what happens if there is a problem after 100K miles. At that point, the warranty no longer holds and I cannot take it to any garage to get it fixed since this being an EV not a lot of mechanics would know how to fix it. Plus, its a Tesla...I would not trust it with any ordinary garages/mechanics.

Your advice/thoughts would be highly appreciated.

I don't know how much you drive, but if it's 2*average-Joe, then it will be at least 3-4 years before you hit 100k. At that point there will at plenty of Tesla Model 3 on the road, as well as other mass market EV cars. So there should be enough experienced mechanics, by that time.

PS: I work in Reston, VA. If you do to, does your company name starts with Ve**** ?))

Last edited: