Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After 2019.5.15 update my S location moved to 3500 Deer Creek

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is in the garage at home, but the iOS Tesla app says it's at Tesla Headquarters. What's up with that?

Is there a forum or thread around here somewhere where folks are discussing the 2019.5.15 update? I would assume that this is a hot topic, but I can't find much. It would be nice to have a release note describing what's new (on my phone and laptop, not just the MCU.)

M

My car is in the garage at home, but the iOS Tesla app says it's at Tesla Headquarters. What's up with that?

Is there a forum or thread around here somewhere where folks are discussing the 2019.5.15 update? I would assume that this is a hot topic, but I can't find much. It would be nice to have a release note describing what's new (on my phone and laptop, not just the MCU.)

M
I think I saw something on Reddit. I’ll take another look and post it if I find it.

Found it
Got teleported to Tesla HQ after updating to 2019.5.15 : teslamotors
F1B2298E-BC9F-4771-9C9E-50513BBA024A.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Dre78 and TechOps

M
Kinda makes sense if new SW got loaded and you have no view of GPS satellites. The nav has to have someplace to display and why not make it HQ until real data is acquired?

Same thing happened to my X. Pulled out of my driveway to the street and the map location updated.

Good to know.

Kinda makes sense if new SW got loaded and you have no view of GPS satellites. The nav has to have someplace to display and why not make it HQ until real data is acquired?

Except that this has never happened on previous updates and the car has always been in the same place during the update.

Good to know.

Except that this has never happened on previous updates and the car has always been in the same place during the update.

Probably re-located the memory space used for GPS in this update. There's no reason to preserve the GPS data since one can expect the car to get the current location pronto as soon as satellites are visible.

So, yeah it could be a SW defect on the update process but who's really gonna care? Not worth any effort to fix.

M
My Model X is doing the same thing after the recent update. I’ve tried resetting it, but that hasn’t worked. Every time I drive it around, it fixes the location, but as soon as I arrive home and it turns off, the location goes back to Tesla HQ at this address. Frustrating when I look at the location in the app, and it’s wrong. Also, when I start up in the garage, I can’t enter a location in the nav without it plotting out a bunch of supercharger stops along the ~1,000 mile drive... Please let me know if anyone finds a fix for this. Thanks!

My Model X is doing the same thing after the recent update. I’ve tried resetting it, but that hasn’t worked. Every time I drive it around, it fixes the location, but as soon as I arrive home and it turns off, the location goes back to Tesla HQ at this address. Frustrating when I look at the location in the app, and it’s wrong. Also, when I start up in the garage, I can’t enter a location in the nav without it plotting out a bunch of supercharger stops along the ~1,000 mile drive... Please let me know if anyone finds a fix for this. Thanks!
Which (recent) update? 2019.16.2?

OK. So I spent some time with Support today. They escalated the issue and apparently sent me a special update. After going out and coming back and parking, it is keeping the correct location. It would always go to Tesla HQ whenever I would park before, so hopefully this fixed the issue. We’ll see if it lasts, but for now, all good.