Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After a visit to the Service center my steering wheel adjustment lever is reversed

Jonas_man

Sep 1, 2015
Helsinki
This is quite funny because the bug got me confused for some time.
the steering wheel adjustment lever is not reversed when controlling depth.

I filmed it here:

boaterva

Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
Lol.. how is that even possible? Reversed wires, I assume, somehow? You'd think the plug would make that impossible.... maybe as you say the actual actuator handle is totally upside down.

And, that IS depth (IN and OUT), unless I'm seeing something wrong. You mean 'UP and DOWN' (height) works correctly? Which is weirder still, if depth is backwards......

Jonas_man

Sep 1, 2015
Helsinki
Lol.. how is that even possible? Reversed wires, I assume, somehow? You'd think the plug would make that impossible.... maybe as you say the actual actuator handle is totally upside down.

And, that IS depth (IN and OUT), unless I'm seeing something wrong. You mean 'UP and DOWN' (height) works correctly? Which is weirder still, if depth is backwards......

UP and down work fine!

Service said they can fix remotly with a FW upgrade

• Informative
Reactions: croman

David.85D

Oct 29, 2016
USA
Wonder what other controls they can invert in software? Opens the door for some pretty nefarious situations...o_O

Jonas_man

Sep 1, 2015
Helsinki
So this was a software issue!

The seat support was replaced and all my profiles stoped working because they are actually stored on the seat. The seat also stores the steering wheel position.
The firmware on the seat was wrong and that is why the control was reversed. They updated the seat firmware and the car's and everything started to work.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
We didn't know that about the controls on the seat. Thanks for sharing. We're taking our car in Monday for it's annual and they will be replacing one of our seats so the post couldn't have been more timely for us!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC