Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After FSD upgrade, stop at stop light/sign feature has disabled.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday Tesla Mobile Service came to my house and performed my HW 3.0 upgrade as part of my FSD upgrade purchase. They instructed me before they left that I had to drive around to recalibrate the cameras as part of the process. The Auto Steer icon had a circular indicator around it and the more I drove the more the indicator filled up. Once it filled up all the way the car informed me that my cameras were calibrated. I then enabled the Visualizations and the new Stop and Stop Lights/Signs features and tried it our for about 15 minutes. It worked perfectly! Then I returned home and worked for several hours and then went to take my wife for a ride in the car to show her the new features, but the Stop at Stop Lights/Signs feature was disabled and I could not enable it. There was/is a message that says I need to connect to wifi to download the latest version of maps. I reconnected the car to wifi (which had to be redone due to the HW upgrade) and let the car sit overnight with no change to the feature or maps version.

Today I called Tesla Support and told them what was going on. They checked the car and informed me that all FW and map versions are current, but my side pillar cameras are reporting that they are not calibrated. We also performed a full power cycle and a rest of the car, but that didn't help. They instructed me to drive the car for another 20-30 miles to see if that would help recalibrate the cameras and then to also perform another power cycle and a reboot then let the car site overnight to see if that rectifies the situation. I have done all that and am now letting the car sit overnight to see if things are working in the morning.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue? If so, what was done to rectify the situation? The support guy told me that if these additional steps didn't work I'd have to schedule another service call. If any one has gotten around this issue I'd love the hear about it and possibly avoid another service call. TIA!

When I had the FSD computer installed it took about 3 miles of my own driving for the stop at stop sign feature to be available. Before that it did say the maps needed to be updated even though the SC told me they already did it.

I would say just drive it a little more. Also I'm not positive but you might need to have the car in Park to enable the feature (I know for a fact it can be disabled while driving though).

When I had the FSD computer installed it took about 3 miles of my own driving for the stop at stop sign feature to be available. Before that it did say the maps needed to be updated even though the SC told me they already did it.

I would say just drive it a little more. Also I'm not positive but you might need to have the car in Park to enable the feature (I know for a fact it can be disabled while driving though).
Yeah, I drove it for 20 miles while the calibration was in progress and then completed. Then after talking with Tesla Support I drove it an additional 25 miles and the feature still is not enabling. I am aware of needing to be in park to enable it, so this is not the issue. I will probably dive it another 20-30 miles today, but I think the issue is with the side pillar cameras not calibrating, so I'm probably just going to have to make another service appointment.

Well I just checked the car for the first time this morning and I can now enable the feature! Guess the additional drive, full power cycle, rest and sitting overnight did the trick (just like the Tesla Support guy said it would)!

Mobile out now upgrading mine. Here’s the text I got on what to do after the upgrade.

“Please be aware that after the upgrade, you will need to drive your vehicle for up to 20 miles on a straight, well marked highway in order to re-calibrate the cameras. To calibrate the cameras it is recommended that no USB devices are installed and that Sentry mode is turned off.

Once the cameras have calibrated, your Driver Assistance features will be available to you during the next drive cycle. If the Autopilot features are not available in the consequent drive, repeat the above steps then exit and lock the vehicle for 5 minutes. You may also notice that some of your preferences/settings/maps/games have changed or been erased from what you had previously configured, as a result of the upgrade.”

He said he was going to save my preferences so hopefully they can be restored. Kind of nervous getting this done. Hope all goes well.

update: all done, seems like all preferences were saved. Will go out later to calibrate the cameras.

Last edited: