Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After market wheel size for Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey I am stumped on this question. So I have been looking at this wheel and it comes in 20x8.5 and 20x10. I want the 20x10 because I can't get tires above 255 with the 8.5. BUT I am not sure if the 20x10 will fit the front tires. Some sites (not sure if they are updated) says it will not fit. Does anyone know if I can put the 20x10 +40mm offset for the front and back. Or do I need to buy 8.5 for the front and 10 for the back?

Hey I am stumped on this question. So I have been looking at this wheel and it comes in 20x8.5 and 20x10. I want the 20x10 because I can't get tires above 255 with the 8.5. BUT I am not sure if the 20x10 will fit the front tires. Some sites (not sure if they are updated) says it will not fit. Does anyone know if I can put the 20x10 +40mm offset for the front and back. Or do I need to buy 8.5 for the front and 10 for the back?
The Pitch Circle Diameter (PCD) shown for this wheel (5 x 120) will not fit the Model Y.

Tesla Model Y 20" Induction Wheel
  • Size: 20x9.5" Front & Rear
  • Offset: +45
  • PCD: 5X114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1mm
When I attempted to use the configurator tool for a 2021 Tesla Model Y (Long Range or Performance Model Y) the following error message appeared:

This part is not compatible with 2021 Tesla Y Performance Sport Utility 4-Door ELECTRIC.

You should be able to fit 20x10 on the front... You can go with +30 to +40 offset with no issues. Just remember getting wider tires might contribute to a significant range loss... I believe those wheels also weighs about 35lbs. So I tried to stay as close to factory wheel specs as possible.

I used Tsportline as a guide on wheel specs...

The Tesla Model Y Wheel and Tire Guide. Complete Tesla Model Y Wheel Specs. - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

Tesla Model Y Wheels-20" TST Tesla Wheel and Tire Package (Set of 4) - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

Last edited:
You should be able to fit 20x10 on the front... You can go with +30 to +40 offset with no issues. Just remember getting wider tires might contribute to a significant range loss... I believe those wheels also weighs about 35lbs. So I tried to stay as close to factory wheel specs as possible.

I used Tsportline as a guide on wheel specs...

The Tesla Model Y Wheel and Tire Guide. Complete Tesla Model Y Wheel Specs. - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

Tesla Model Y Wheels-20" TST Tesla Wheel and Tire Package (Set of 4) - T Sportline - Tesla Model S, 3, X & Y Accessories

This is why I am so confused, because like the guy before he says I can't fit 20x10. But you say it will fit. Ugh. Thank you for the help though.

Also not sure if you know but why is the load index for the 19" at 104 but for the 20" it is 101?

This is why I am so confused, because like the guy before he says I can't fit 20x10. But you say it will fit. Ugh. Thank you for the help though.

jcanoe is referring to the lug pattern you linked on your previous post which is 5x120. You need a 5x114.3 wheel to accommodate the Model Y's studs. I think you should talk to your wheel/tire local shop.

On a side note for wheel widths from 8.5-9" I would not go over 30 offset as the wheel would be too tucked in to the wheel well.( 20ish offset for a front 8.5-9") is ideal for a Y (30 offset for a 10" wheel width for the rear will be flush with the fender. Look for the user YNOT, His Model Y is running on 20x10's at 30 offset square.

Last edited: