TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

After One Year Of Tesla Ownership I'm Sooo Disappointed...

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Hotlobstah, Aug 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

#1 Hotlobstah, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    that I can't get a Tesla T-Shirt. So, most apparel has been out of stock on the Tesla store forever...and now it looks like there is no more merch store. I paid big money for my car and can't believe I can't find Tesla licensed apparel(Mercedes and Lexus would never let this happen!). What is the best way to contact Elon to express my dissatisfaction and recommend a solution to my lack of a Tesla t-shirt?

• Funny x 12
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. kort677

kort677 Active Member

it appears that tesla has gotten out of the swag business. do a search there are a few places to get unauthorized swag.

3. EinSV

EinSV Active Member

A few minutes ago I checked and the "Shop" page said it was "Temporarily Down for Maintenance." I don't get that message now but assume that is what is going on. Any reason to believe that's not the case?

Edit: Aaannnddd, the Shop webpage is already back up, Tesla t-shirts and all. Tesla | Apparel

Fake news!:p

• Like x 1
  4. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Maybe they're getting a new vendor for the online store. There had been lots of complaints.

5. cranker2k

cranker2k Member

You can always just tweet directly to Elon.

I recently was at Fremont showroom at factory. The t-shirts and jackets were all available for purchase. Maybe call around few showrooms?

6. Pale_Rider

Pale_Rider Member

I was told they were in the process of getting new merchandise.

7. clostridium

clostridium Member

Time to bring out a few of the typical automatic responses: (this is all in good fun, not seeking to insult anyone whose say these things in other threads)

-Are you just saying this because you are short on tesla stock?

-Pictures or it didn't happen

-reset the two displays and that should fix it

-they are throttling your ability to purchase merchandise - lets get a class action lawsuit going, they have no right to do that

• Funny x 10
  8. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

My wife would be fine with no more merchandise she says I have to many t-shirts already. I see that the store is up but most of the popular sizes are out of stock, hope they restock soon.

9. Hotlobstah

Hotlobstah Member

1. No, but I am short in stature
    2. Here you go: Tesla T-Shirt
    3. I was hoping this would work but nothing...:mad:
    4. I agree. I'll be using the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe

• Funny x 4
  10. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

Funny! I was about to argue with you, as I am such a HAPPY OWNER!!!

And, just to rub it in, I have a Tesla jacket, given to me when I bought the car, that nobody else can get and a BB cap that has been discontinued, that is the best cap I have EVER BOUGHT!:cool:

• Like x 2
  11. ZERO260

ZERO260 Member

Swag displays in service center is being discontinued in Tyson corner va. And possibly in all according to sales rep a few weeks ago.

12. V-Pops

V-Pops New Member

I also heard from the King of Prussia store that all apparel was redirected to web sales. However I do remember the Devon showroom had swag, so I went there and now it's all moved out.

I hope they restock the jackets soon on the website, as it is now fall and what better item to get as gift for the Holidays!

13. Saimaannorppa

Saimaannorppa Member

I believe it is widely communicated that Tesla is currently production constrained on T-shirts. There is currently no way to produce them faster than demand, as it is a pioneering process and no ready solutions are available.

Some ill-willed journalists have claimed that Tesla is making shirts manually by handcraft, but this is fake news. It is completely normal to do steps manually at ramp up with production tooling.

• Funny x 1
  14. kort677

kort677 Active Member

swag has been long absent is the galleries and delivery/service centers
    in tesla's defense their focus is on building reliable cars and fixing the ones that aren't as reliable as they could be.
    maybe tesla could find some authorized vendors to make official swag, like the sports teams do.

15. futurem3owner

futurem3owner 2017 90D

I was a bit sad on delivery day when they didn't hand out any souvenirs at Devon but also didn't have any merchandise to sell. Even the online store wasn't fully stocked on items. I was able to buy a tumbler but after running out of those, it looks like they re-stocked them later on.

16. Bebop

Bebop Member

I've seen local Tesla showrooms have swag to buy. I think just checking your local showroom store would be the best bet.